• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Buddahjew

Buddahjew

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Alright so I feel as though I should start by saying that my thoughts aren't usually this morbid, but recently, and purely out of curiosity, I've found myself wondering if hell exists, and what it would be like. I've come to the conclusion that "hell", whether you're religious or not, does exist. I think of hell as a state of consciousness, most likely at the end of one's life, in which one feels unimaginable suffering for the things they've done. I think that in life, there is a separation of time between a sinful deed and the consequence that follows. I think that Hell is the state of consciousness that occurs near death, when the psychoactive DMT is kicking in. It's when  the distinction between sinful deed and consequence dissolves. Imagine if, in Hell, we were forced to relive each wrong doing, and simultaneously experience the negative aftermath thereafter. For a man who kills another man, he would again experience his act of murder, while simultaneously experiencing the physical pain of a gunshot wound, or a stab to the chest, and all the fear and thoughts of his victim's final moments in life. I think that even if there is no God, this sort of Hell is still plausible, and somehow give me solace when I witness someone's negative actions.

#2 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

That's a very deep introduction. Usually people just say hi. :P

I don't really know. It would be nice to think that those who do bad deeds do get what's coming to them.

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Welcome.

I wouldn't call those thought quite morbid, almost but not quite.

I would say it is more like an existential struggle wherein you are trying to assign purpose or meaning to yourself and your life actions.

We have all been there, or will be there at some point.

I came to the understanding that it is impossible to know anything for sure regardless of opinion so why bother worrying about what happens later.

Let future Affray worry about it, he should be a wiser more well rounded guy anyway.

Know what I mean.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Welcome creepy man.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

That's a very deep introduction. Usually people just say hi. :P

I don't really know. It would be nice to think that those who do bad deeds do get what's coming to them.

Sush, I was about to say the same thing.

Welcome to the forum, person.

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#6 Buddahjew

Buddahjew

Bit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

ya I realize it's not the most "normal" introduction, but I've never done forum or anything and didn't feel like taking the time to post through the appropriate channels. I don't much care for an introduction on here anyway. I don't really care about your name or where you come from, just what interesting thoughts you might have. I was simply wondering about this topic and wondered what other people think about it. Not to mention, it's obviously attracted a little attention so it's at least interesting.

Welcome.

I wouldn't call those thought quite morbid, almost but not quite.

I would say it is more like an existential struggle wherein you are trying to assign purpose or meaning to yourself and your life actions.

We have all been there, or will be there at some point.

I came to the understanding that it is impossible to know anything for sure regardless of opinion so why bother worrying about what happens later.

Let future Affray worry about it, he should be a wiser more well rounded guy anyway.

Know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean. The whole death does not concern us, for as long as we are alive, death is not here and all. But I sometimes think that if our consciousness really is finite, and life is the only time in which we can experience it, I would be remissed to not at least imagine all possibilities of our existence. Though, I don't think the truth of it all can possibly be conceived by out limited understanding.