Photo

Now Casting "King of the Nerds" on TBS!

Lord of the RingsPhysics Star Wars Star Trek Engineering Video Games Doctor Who Comics harry potter battlestar galactica

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chelseacasting

chelseacasting

Bit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

NOW CASTING SEASON 2 OF KING OF THE NERDS ON TBS!
Compete for your chance to win $100,000!!!

We are searching the nation for passionate men & women at least 18 years old who are intellectually driven and ready to showcase their smarts and inner geek in a competition against other NERDS for $100,000!

The show is a positive and entertaining, competition based reality show, that embraces, celebrates, re-defines and re-invents today's most ingenious nerds!! 

We are specifically looking for candidates that have a love for all robotics, astronomy, aeronautics, and all fields of engineering. Great candidates for the show might be the kind of person who builds rockets or robots just for fun!

Candidates have the opportunity to win major tech prizes throughout the competition & $100,000 for the winner!

Are you someone who loves MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, SYNTHETIC BIOLOGY, STAR WARS, STAR TREK, GAME OF THRONES, HARRY POTTER, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, COMICS, PUPPETS, or all things SCI-FI? Are you someone who writes APPs and PROGRAMS as a hobby? Are you ARDUINO proficient? Do you know at least 100 digits of PI? Were you your high school VALEDICTORIAN? Is your IQ at least two standard deviations above the mean? Can you speak ELFISH?

If you answered YES to any of these questions then we want to meet you!

To Apply: Email your name, age, contact info, a photo of yourself, & a brief bio on your academic achievements and hobbies 
to CHELSEA at 

We film July 12th- August 8th in Los Angeles. TBS King of the Nerds is hosted by Robert Carradine & Bobby Armstrong from Revenge of the Nerds. It airs 10/9 CST. Last season celebrity guests included George Takei, Kevin Smith and cosplay artist Yaya Han, amongst many others. Re-Define what it is to be a Nerd!

Attached Files

#2 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

The casting department is actually taking nerds for season 3 now too. They want a brief bio and a 3-5 minute video sent to KingOfTheNerdsCasting@gmail.com. There's a brief article about it here.  http://www.cnet.com/...own-contenders/

Just thought I'd throw that out there and update this info for all nerds interested.

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

This is COMPLETELY off topic but what is it with businesses and companies that use free email services? I went to a hair salon last week, like a real professional, expensive hair salon, and the lady gave me a business card that had [company]@hotmail.com. It completely changed my view of them. Who the hell uses Hotmail anymore? Gmail is somewhat better but It looks awful as a company. KingOfTheNerdsCasting@gmail.com? How do I know if that's legit or someone running a scam? Would I discuss my banking information with JoeTheBankerYouMetOnTuesday@gmail.com?

I mean obviously King of the Nerds has confirmed that email but still. It doesn't take much to set up and it looks about 10 times more professional and less sketchy. /endrant

#4 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

It's actually fairly on topic... a bit. :) I think it's because they go through so many casting agents or something. It's like every season there are tons of assistants finding ways to promote the casting.

Also... my e-mail is jrobbins3839@hotmail.com. ... ummm.. *Hides in shame for still using Hotmail*.  I'm being attacked by a bouncing kitten! HELP! HELP!!!

#5 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Oh. And I don't actually think you're attacking me. I'm just having fun, pretending you're attacking me... and the scratches are totally imaginary.

#6 Kirihime Natsuno

Kirihime Natsuno

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

This is COMPLETELY off topic but what is it with businesses and companies that use free email services? I went to a hair salon last week, like a real professional, expensive hair salon, and the lady gave me a business card that had [company]@hotmail.com. It completely changed my view of them. Who the hell uses Hotmail anymore? Gmail is somewhat better but It looks awful as a company. KingOfTheNerdsCasting@gmail.com? How do I know if that's legit or someone running a scam? Would I discuss my banking information with JoeTheBankerYouMetOnTuesday@gmail.com?

I mean obviously King of the Nerds has confirmed that email but still. It doesn't take much to set up and it looks about 10 times more professional and less sketchy. /endrant

Especially when you consider the fact that it appears to be an actual TV show, I assume made by a professional studio (I don't know American TV)

Also, I keep reading "elfish" and it looks and sounds wrong, despite being an actual word.

tumblr_mrhkcaV1Rj1rmc8dco1_500.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#7 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

I'm not alone! Millianna, I see a hotmail account on your profile too! YAY! Of course, yours is of the much more sophisticated .uk variety.

#8 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

It's actually fairly on topic... a bit. :) I think it's because they go through so many casting agents or something. It's like every season there are tons of assistants finding ways to promote the casting.

Also... my e-mail is jrobbins3839@hotmail.com. ... ummm.. *Hides in shame for still using Hotmail*.  I'm being attacked by a bouncing kitten! HELP! HELP!!!

Hahaha well for people who have just had one email since they started that's not a big deal, they become attached to it. But I don't know, a company or business that uses Hotmail seems 'behind the times' to me, which is the last thing a company wants to portray. 

And don't worry, I don't bite and they all had me declawed a while ago. :P

#9 Kirihime Natsuno

Kirihime Natsuno

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Plus that's only for Skype; my 'professional' account is an Outlook domain.

tumblr_mrhkcaV1Rj1rmc8dco1_500.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lord of the RingsPhysics, Star Wars, Star Trek, Engineering, Video Games, Doctor Who, Comics, harry potter, battlestar galactica