30 replies to this topic

#21 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I am in a constant state of annoyance with that standard.

Fast, convenient foods are dirt cheap, and the healthy stuff is expensive as hell.

Even fruit and vegetables are crazy expensive.

So it has come to pass that in order to eat food that won't slowly murder you, first you must be wealthy enough to afford it on a regular basis.

It maddens me.

Also, this is why you see impoverish people who are quite obese.

The food they manage to afford is garbage fast food and pop (soda for you Murikans).

So now they are not only impoverish, but rife with medical problems thanks to their shitty diets.

I found a list the other day that rambled off a bunch of nutrition facts and one of them was that something like eighty five percent of all Americans are dehydrated most of the time because they just drink pop and sugary juice instead of water.

I went to Jamaica last week for a buddy's wedding and there were Americans around.

I was talking to a few of them and they weren't drinking any water but complaining about being dehydrated.

When I asked them why they didn't just drink some water they said they were good, they had travel mugs full of Coke.

The moral of my rant is, I sometimes go off on rants and don't realize it until I have written a paragraph in which I cover three of four different topics.

I grow several large gardens to accommodate my not wanting to eat garbage all the time.

So, provided you aren't way up North, you should consider doing the same.

Its cheaper and you know where the food came from.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#22 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Absolutely. It's especially hard for a person with many severe food allergies, because often they can only eat the healthier, more expensive alternatives.

I noticed that as well, and I can't wrap my mind around the fact that they're confused about being dehydrated, but won't touch water with a ten foot pole. Maybe education is also to blame here. 

That's a great idea, but unfortunately I live as far North as you can get without crossing into the Territories. I know folks who still manage to grow food during some months though so I'll definitely look into it. I think I have some books on it.

#23 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

It must be an educational thing in a lot of cases.

Most toddlers that I know have a basic understanding that drinking water is what you do what you are thirsty.

Liquids do not equal hydration.

Also, here are some vegetables that you can grow in the cold, so it it still possible to grow your own stuff.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#24 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Right, I assumed it was common knowledge for most people. 

Of course it is. (:

#25 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

YES LEGEND OF ZELDA FAN! I welcome you gladly.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#26 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

YES LEGEND OF ZELDA FAN! I welcome you gladly.

It's a challenge to find someone who isn't an LoZ fan. :P

Thank you.

#27 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

It's a challenge to find someone who isn't an LoZ fan. :P

Thank you.

That's true... But I'm also from the younger generation where they don't really know what Legend of Zelda is... :P

They're to obsessed with CoD and Halo.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#28 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

That's true... But I'm also from the younger generation where they don't really know what Legend of Zelda is...  :P

They're to obsessed with CoD and Halo.

Since the 3DS version of OoT was released, Legend of Zelda has gained lots of attention from younger people. No matter the age, especially considering Skyward Sword's success, it's still hard to find someone who isn't a fan. At least in my experience.

#29 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Since the 3DS version of OoT was released, Legend of Zelda has gained lots of attention from younger people. No matter the age, especially considering Skyward Sword's success, it's still hard to find someone who isn't a fan. At least in my experience.

True, true. I don't own a 3DS so I keep forgetting that they have even released a version of Ocrina of Time. It seems that I just hang out with the wrong people to find Zelda fans in. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#30 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I don't have a 3DS either, I'm just getting annoyed by new consoles. I refuse to buy a new DS. I already have three. Every time they bring out a new game that I'm interested in, I have to go out and buy a new console just to play it. And once I've gotten the money for that and purchased it, they have a new one out and a new game that I want. I'm going crazy.

#31 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Thats one reason I don't play consoles. :P

Lp5M62Z.gif