52 replies to this topic

#21 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Dota is pretty different when you first play, just a heads up. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#22 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

So I take it you're liking Dota?

Lp5M62Z.gif

#23 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Such rage.

Im still pissed off at Dota because of those bot matches.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#24 The Great Nerdasaurus

The Great Nerdasaurus

Byte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I just started playing and after about 7 rounds I am hooked, but I am still a beginner. Anyone have suggestions for me to try? Also if anyone wants to play with me when I'm a bit better my steam name is THB Novaa:)

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.” ~ Doctor Who

"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?" ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Back up everything!" ~ Kevin Mitnick

#25 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

I kind of stopped playing mobas as of recent.

A somewhat easy champion is Huskar (in my opinion, other people say he's impossible to play). I don't remember my full build but I know you wanna get, attack speed, a tiny bit of life steal (so like a satanic), and some power/damage.

As for moves you wanna get your Q first as that will allow you to stay in lane for a long time and just farm gold. Then max E because that's where Huskars op power is.

So skill points should be used something like Q > E > E > Q > E > R > E > W > Q > Q > R > Then the rest into your W and ulti, after that obviously just dump the rest into your stats.

Now it does seem a little weird to not get a damage skill till so late in the game, so if you're being pushed hard I would vary your build to something like:

Q > E > E > W > E > R > E > Q > Q > Q > R (then the rest as before).

But you'll wanna be wary as this won't give you as much healing ability, so be sure to always have tangos or pots on you.

Also just a heads up I AWAYS build lifesteal first, because with that ridiculously high attack speed on low HP you just get health back like crazy (assuming you're not still being attacked by champions of course).

Anyway that's just a quick little tip. :P I'm in no ways good a pro at the game but I was decently good, feel free to modify anything as you wish. :D

Lp5M62Z.gif

#26 The Great Nerdasaurus

The Great Nerdasaurus

Byte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

I kind of stopped playing mobas as of recent.

A somewhat easy champion is Huskar (in my opinion, other people say he's impossible to play). I don't remember my full build but I know you wanna get, attack speed, a tiny bit of life steal (so like a satanic), and some power/damage.

As for moves you wanna get your Q first as that will allow you to stay in lane for a long time and just farm gold. Then max E because that's where Huskars op power is.

So skill points should be used something like Q > E > E > Q > E > R > E > W > Q > Q > R > Then the rest into your W and ulti, after that obviously just dump the rest into your stats.

Now it does seem a little weird to not get a damage skill till so late in the game, so if you're being pushed hard I would vary your build to something like:

Q > E > E > W > E > R > E > Q > Q > Q > R (then the rest as before).

But you'll wanna be wary as this won't give you as much healing ability, so be sure to always have tangos or pots on you.

Also just a heads up I AWAYS build lifesteal first, because with that ridiculously high attack speed on low HP you just get health back like crazy (assuming you're not still being attacked by champions of course).

Anyway that's just a quick little tip. :P I'm in no ways good a pro at the game but I was decently good, feel free to modify anything as you wish. :D

I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for the idea!

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.” ~ Doctor Who

"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?" ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Back up everything!" ~ Kevin Mitnick

#27 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Started playing again but I forgot how to moba. ;-; Forgot how much fun they were though.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#28 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

I've been playing a bit recently. Been having a lot of success with Huskar (that fucker man, that fucker). I had a pretty shitty team at one point. 3 top, 1 mid, and me as Huskar bot. Was 2v1 against Mirana and Bounty Hunter, and I still managed first blood and another four kills after that before I got unlucky and went a little too ham with my W. >.>

I'm also digging Death Prophet, and of course Drow Ranger.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#29 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Huskar is my main (I know I've said that before), if you build him correctly he is literally a god. I did a match where I went Huskar vs. entire other team and came out on top. Now granted their team was complete shit and non of them had a good build but still, 1v5 I shouldn't have won. I'm actually surprised at how few people play Huskar.

Leshrac is also really good but he's a pain to play because he's so squish.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#30 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

I think the reason he's underplayed is because using health to attack is risky. >.> First game I played with him I was just like this is awful just to kill one guy it costs me like half my health

Then I got Helm of the Dominator and laughed all the way to mvp

LL1Yc5i.gif

#31 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

There's such a simple fix for champs that use life to attack, get a little bit of LS and bam, problem solved. A lot of people don't seem to get that though and just kill themselves without even trying. :P I'm gonna take a guess and say we have somewhat of the same build, Helm of the Dominator is first thing I build, I never get the full Satanic though. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#32 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

Yeah usually Morbid/Dominator is my first item after basic crap, then I try to go for Crystalys and/or BKB. And SangeYasha for the damage and attack speed.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#33 Rejected

Rejected

Megabyte

• Banned
  • 453 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.crackhackforum.com/user-54122.html

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

well I posted here when I played only 5 matches and didn't know any heroes but now I played like 300 matches and basically know a lot.

My favorite heroes are Broodmother and Ancient Apparition, though sometimes I pick Keeper of the light and witch doctor.

I have become so good with broodmother that I haven't lost a lane in a long time. A few games ago I was alone in a lane vs a trilane, brewmaster, earthshaker and void. Instead of them killing me, I raped them in that lane with brood. Had 0 deaths :P

If someone picks broodmother on the enemy team I pick keeper of the light because unless you don't play brood as well as me, you're gonna have a bad time. The spiders are worth really much and KOTL can become really rich if he shares the lane, plus he doesn't need to go into the web.

I played a few times against KOTL but one guy was so noob that he didn't kill even one of my spiders.

I may pick AA if someone on the other team has Ax or Tidehunter and maybe a few other heroes. Though recently I've become good with beating up Tide with brood that I might stop picking AA on him.

tumblr_my2mijmVhL1rb06tgo1_500.gif

#34 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Spoiler

First time back on Huskar after not having played for 4 months. I'd say I didn't do half bad.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#35 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Clinkz may be one of my new favorite champions. >.> He's so nimble, I love it.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#36 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

New Doom skin is pimpin.

QvxHORz.jpg

Lp5M62Z.gif

#37 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:05 AM

You have friends with amazing usernames.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#38 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

They're pretty good.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#39 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

https://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1/  

Lp5M62Z.gif

#40 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:46 PM

This guy got way to invested in this game. 

Lp5M62Z.gif