23 replies to this topic

#21 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

just for cheap target practice.  The 9mm rounds are cheaper to target practice with than a .40 or .45.  I have a S&W M&P .40 with an ultra-bright micro LED light for home defense, but don't like the cost of shooting it for practice.  It's a .40 which is ~10mm, so I think that the practice I gain shooting a 9mm is applicable to handling the .40/10mm anyway. 

Also it has the sweet wood grain, double action hammer, and no shit hammer block safety... hell, you could have a round in the chamber and know that it takes a ton of pressure to squeeze the trigger back hard enough to engage the hammer for the 1st shot.  After owning a semi-auto with enclosed firing pin assembly for so long, I've realized that I prefer a gun that has an open firing mechanism that i can visually see.

I'll be keeping both guns of course.  And getting into skeet shooting next.  Did some 12ga skeet shooting last winter, was amazing fun.  And the plastic shells were almost half the price of the brass handgun/rifle ammo.

#22 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

I've found that, provided you can control the recoil, shooting with any handgun of a similar grip shape will translate to another. It's really more about how you hold the gun, and not the caliber of it. I find that Sing/Double action guns are preferred as well. I like being able to see things working, and as you said, a simple hammer stop safety is probably the best in my opinion. 

Shotguns are a lot of fun, and I enjoy target shooting with them quite a bit. I suggest going with a rubber butt plate if you're going to be shooting quite a bit though, because putting a good amount of rounds through a 12ga otherwise will cause quite the sore shoulder. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#23 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

feels kinda strange for me to see that people own guns like this, like its the most normal thing in the world?. Since they are megasuper illegal in sweden. We can only have like max 3 hunting rifles in a heavily forged safe, and we need to have special training and tests to even buy a rifle and like 15 papers that proves you own that gun.

#24 jiuer7845

jiuer7845

Byte

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 09:56 PM

https://www.nflshopo...nlinestore.com/ NFL Shop Official Online Store