• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

What about a riddle thread. Everyone can answer and everyone can make a riddle. So i'll start with classic one.

AND be fair and don't use tha internet to find your answers, thats not kuul okey!

The Execusion:

four prisoners are arrested for a crime, but the jail is full and the jailer has nowhere to put them. He eventually comes up with the solution of giving them a puzzle so if they succeed they can go free but if they fail they are executed.

The jailer puts three of the men sitting in a line. The fourth man is put behind a screen (or in a separate room). He gives all four men party hats (as in diagram). The jailer explains that there are two red and two blue hats; that each prisoner is wearing one of the hats; and that each of the prisoners is only to see the hats in front of them but not on themselves or behind. The fourth man behind the screen can't see or be seen by any other prisoner. No communication between the prisoners is allowed.

If any prisoner can figure out and say to the jailer what colour hat he has on his head all four prisoners go free. If any prisoner suggests an incorrect answer, all four prisoners are executed. The puzzle is to find how the prisoners can escape, regardless of how the jailer distributes the hats.

#2 Phantom

Phantom

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

The third prisoner can see the two infront of him, so if they both have the same color, he can deduce his own. Then I stopped thinking here and googled the answer. (sorry curious) LOL :D

#3 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

They yell, "Everyone shake off your hat!" and then after the hats hit the floor, answer, "What hat?"

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#4 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Yeah but if they fail with the shake they are busted! But there is a more logical answer to it.

#5 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Oh, I was just going for a joke answer. The one who can see that the others have the same color can yell his own. If he's silent, then the second guy will know that the guy in front of him has a different colored hat than his own. I figured Phantom's answer satisfied the problem, we all got where it was going.

#6 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Oh, I was just going for a joke answer. The one who can see that the others have the same color can yell his own. If he's silent, then the second guy will know that the guy in front of him has a different colored hat than his own. I figured Phantom's answer satisfied the problem, we all got where it was going.

Correcto!

#7 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Alright another, shorter riddle.

the man who invented it doesn't want it
the man who buy it doesn't need it
the man who need it doesn't know it
what is it?

#8 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Alright another, shorter riddle.

the man who invented it doesn't want it
the man who buy it doesn't need it
the man who need it doesn't know it
what is it?

Spoiler

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#9 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Yes, correcto!

#10 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

The Lightbulb Riddle:

There are 3 switches outside of a room, all in the 'off' setting. One of them controls a lightbulb inside the room, the other two do nothing.

You cannot see into the room, and once you open the door to the room, you cannot flip any of the switches any more.

Before going into the room, how would you flip the switches in order to be able to tell which switch controls the light bulb?

#11 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

You start with the first switch and turn it on for a period of time, and then switch it off. You then turn the second switch on and leave the third alone. Going to the lightbulb itself, you find the conclusions:

If the bulb is ON, the middle switch controls it.

If the bulb is OFF and COLD, the third switch controls it.

If the bulb is OFF and HOT, the first switch controls it.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#12 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Shorter one:

We're five little items of an everyday sort; you'll find us all in 'a tennis court

#13 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Vowels. BAM!

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#14 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

that was from Batman Forever hehe

#15 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

that was from Batman Forever hehe

I knew that one because of Batman.

Stupid Val Kilmer's ass face on the little cardboard tennis court that The Riddler makes will haunt my dreams forever.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#16 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

I knew that one because of Batman.

Stupid Val Kilmer's ass face on the little cardboard tennis court that The Riddler makes will haunt my dreams forever.

Haha, true, I did however like Val Kilmer back then, one of my favorite actors. Tobad he got a lame Batman role, he should have bin in the first 2 instead.

#17 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

What have forests without trees

Rivers without Water

Cities without buildings?

#18 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Haha, true, I did however like Val Kilmer back then, one of my favorite actors. To bad he got a lame Batman role, he should have bin in the first 2 instead.

Blasphemy!

The only movie I liked Val Kilmer in was The Doors.

He fit the role, all was well.

Michael Keaton will forever be Batman to me, and if Val Kilmer had been the original movie Batman, I would probably never have become a fan of any of the movies in the first place.

What have forests without trees

Rivers without Water

Cities without buildings?

Spoiler

#19 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Was that one in a video game? Never mind, I Googled it. Dragon Age. It was worded different.

How about this: On Christmas day, a young boy finds three presents under the Christmas tree. Opening the first present, he finds a pair of shoes and begins to cry. Opening the second present, he finds a soccer ball and cries even harder. Opening the third present, he finds a pair of bicycle shorts. He buries his face in his hands and starts sobbing. Outside, Santa Claus is having a big laugh. Why?

Spoiler

#20 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Blasphemy!

The only movie I liked Val Kilmer in was The Doors.

He fit the role, all was well.

Michael Keaton will forever be Batman to me, and if Val Kilmer had been the original movie Batman, I would probably never have become a fan of any of the movies in the first place.

Spoiler

Nah man Top-Gun and Willow are great movies, and Heat is good too.