7 replies to this topic

#1 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFollowing Indiana Jones on his amazing adventures around the world

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

hey guys, I just started reading the Scott Pilgrim series, after watching the movie adaptation (which I totally loved) and I find it so awesome... For those who aren´t familiar with the story yet, i´ts about a 23-year-old canadian  guy named Scott Pilgrim, a slacker and part-time musician who lives in Toronto and plays bass guitar in the band Sex-Bob-Omb.He falls in love with an american delivery girl named Ramona Flowers, but must defeat her seven evil exes in order to date her. It may sound ridiculous, but it is one of the best comics series that I ever read (plus, It gives you a good laugh :) ).

here´s the link for the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=O_RrNCqCIPE

nope. not even a signature.

#2 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

I've never read the comics but the game is awesome and it's pretty much the same (plot, art style and humor) as the comics :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

My sister had a huge obsession with this comic around the time the movie came out. I went to go see it with her, but maybe I didn't get it that much because I never read the comics? I thought all the video game references were cute, but I wasn't in love with the movie. I kept thinking about how silly it was to fight so many ex's just to get one girl. That's just too much baggage for me to deal with, how Scott did I've no clue.

#4 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFollowing Indiana Jones on his amazing adventures around the world

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

i thought it was kinda silly and stupid, but when you read the comics all makes sense...and it´s hilarious :)

"I´m in lesbians with you"- best quote ever xD

nope. not even a signature.

#5 polymathchic

polymathchic

Bit

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Scott Pilgrim is one of my fave comics and I thought the movie was pretty awesome. The corny bits only added to its appeal imo! :-D

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

I've never read the comics but the game is awesome and it's pretty much the same (plot, art style and humor) as the comics :)

But how could you know?

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#7 SlurredNerd

SlurredNerd

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCastle Black

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Scott Pilgrim is one of my favorites and super easy for anyone to get in to. My wife who barely reads comics marathoned the series in a day and loved it. And the movie is probably my favorite movie of all time.

@slurrednerd

Check out my Slurred Nerd blog site for articles and reviews on comics, beer, and all things nerdy.

#8 Paranormalist

Paranormalist

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSouthern America

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

I enjoyed the movie before I read the books... then I LOVED the books and disliked the movie.

The books span months and help the romance blossom, where as the movie spans the course of maybe a WEEK and just makes Scott look like a pathetic guy following a bitchy girl.... It made more sense, really, for Movie Scott to end up with Knives. They actually had common interests, character development, and at the end of the film, it came full circle when they both fought the main bad guy together, similarly to how they played the game in the first act. It's as if the writers and director decided they'd focus on their OTP.

Oh good! My favorite show...

giphy.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scott pilgrim, comics, nerd