• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hummingbird_Lost

Hummingbird_Lost

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I ask this group of intelligent minds the classic question- who shot first? (Han or Greedo)

My answer? Han, of course.

The George Lucas that has changed it and then tried to cover up his goof with (poorly) explaining it away is the man of the prequels... not the great mind of the OT.

#2 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFollowing Indiana Jones on his amazing adventures around the world

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

Well, in my opinion, Han shot first, I found an interesting video where they did the slo-motion version of that scene, and I clearly explains the whole thing, I guess :)

hereĀ“s the ninja smiley to prove that I am a ninja elf --> :ph34r:

nope. not even a signature.

#3 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

'course Han shot first.
Who just sits there while a guy says, "I'm about to try to kill you?"

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#4 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Han shot first. I even have a T-Shirt (from ThinkGeek) that loudly proclaims this fact.

fl9Uov4.gif

#5 Hummingbird_Lost

Hummingbird_Lost

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Han shot first. I even have a T-Shirt (from ThinkGeek) that loudly proclaims this fact.

ThinkGeek hell yes!

#6 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I think it's a rule of the internet, I'll check.

Nope, it's not. Better add it.

fl9Uov4.gif

#7 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFollowing Indiana Jones on his amazing adventures around the world

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

muahahah me too :)

nope. not even a signature.

#8 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Of course Han shots first, he's an Anti-hero and it is only logical that he shot first.

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

'course Han shot first.
Who just sits there while a guy says, "I'm about to try to kill you?"

If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back!

I love this quote. >.>

And yes, Han shot first.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Of course Han shots first, he's an Anti-hero and it is only logical that he shot first.

Exactly.

People tried to justify him shooting Greedo out of self defense, but he is Han Effing Solo.

Like he gives a shit about being on the up and up.

He is a smuggler, a wanted criminal (by both the Empire and seedy underworld kingpins), and an all round nogoodnick who looks out for only himself and Chewy.

Even throughout the trilogy he only really does anything for the rebellion because he is fiercely loyal to Luke and wants to bone Leia.

Those things only even came to be because Luke lured him into helping rescue Princess Leia by reminding him that she is royalty and therefore rich, which would land him a handsome payoff for rescuing her.

He shot first because he does what he pleases and has no problem killing a scumbag who fully intends to murder him.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#11 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Exactly.

People tried to justify him shooting Greedo out of self defense, but he is Has Effing Solo.

He is a smuggler, a wanted criminal (by both the Empire and seedy underworld kingpins), and an all round nogoodnick who looks out for only himself and Chewy.

Even throughout the trilogy he only really does anything for the rebellion because he is fiercely loyal to Luke and wants to bone Leia.

Those things only even came to be because Luke lured him into helping rescue Princess Leia by reminding him that she is royalty and therefore rich, which would land him a handsome payoff for rescuing her.

He shot first because he does what he pleases and has no problem killing a scumbag who fully intends to murder him.

Indeed. Also when he get sink into the melting thing. Leia says I love you! While Han (cool as he is) responds only with "I know". Thats how he is, he's not fucking around, its kill or be killed in his mind.

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Exactly.

People tried to justify him shooting Greedo out of self defense, but he is Has Effing Solo.

Very well put I think.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Indeed. Also when he get sink into the melting thing. Leia says I love you! While Han (cool as he is) responds only with "I know". Thats how he is, he's not fucking around, its kill or be killed in his mind.

Apparently Harrison Ford improvised that line on the spot because he didn't like Han Solo as a character and didn't think he was going to come back for the next movie.

It just so happened to add to the cheeky loveable douchebag character that he is.

Very well put I think.

Many thanks noble gentleman.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#14 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

Who shot first? Malcolm Reynolds.
I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star wars