13 replies to this topic

#1 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFollowing Indiana Jones on his amazing adventures around the world

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hi guys..or anyone there...I am new here..as you may guess..or not.

Idk the "usual age" of anyone that posts here, but i am a 14 year old girl. I really love sci-fy (huge star wars fan) and specially Tolkien´s books and Middle Earth tales.

I´m now starting to think that anyone here likes the same things as me, but anyway, hey, hello there! :)

(I also play MMO´s like lord of the rings online and star wars:the old republic)

...and I am also an elf.

nope. not even a signature.

#2 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

I am so glad we're getting some diversity here on the forums, we need more elves around here.

Welcome! :) We talk about all sorts of stuff here, including fantasy, scifi and books.

#3 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

:) hello there.. team elves! tolkien fan?

#4 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

I unfortunately don't know much about Tolkein's works. I was in the theatre to have one of the first public showings of The Hobbit in North America, but that's more due to timezones than anything else.

#5 Hummingbird_Lost

Hummingbird_Lost

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Hello! It's always nice to meet another female Star Wars fanatic. :)

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Our first elf!

Welcome to the forums.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#7 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

well, proud to be the first elf here :) 

Hello! It's always nice to meet another female Star Wars fanatic. :)

hello there! fav star wars character?

#8 Hummingbird_Lost

Hummingbird_Lost

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

hello there! fav star wars character?

Oh goodness, I'm not sure if I can pick just one! I'm quite fond of Obi-Wan... though Han, Luke, and Leia are all favorites of mine for different reasons as well. And then there's Vader! :D How about you?

#9 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

The Hobbit is one of my favourite books of all time. Star Wars I used to be big into when I was young but I havent touched Star Wars lore in many years.

I admit I have Elf envy, since I am just a humble halfling rogue. I wish I was as elegant as an elf, in their tree fortresses and with their crazy long lifetimes.

Welcome to the forums!

#10 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

The Hobbit is one of my favourite books of all time. Star Wars I used to be big into when I was young but I havent touched Star Wars lore in many years.

I admit I have Elf envy, since I am just a humble halfling rogue. I wish I was as elegant as an elf, in their tree fortresses and with their crazy long lifetimes.

Welcome to the forums!

I used to have elf envy, but then I realised that online we can be whoever I want to...so now I am an elf xD ...and I have a internet crazy long life time :)

Oh goodness, I'm not sure if I can pick just one! I'm quite fond of Obi-Wan... though Han, Luke, and Leia are all favorites of mine for different reasons as well. And then there's Vader! :D How about you?

I have quite an obsession with Han Solo, I kinda love his charisma and everything else....and C3-PO, because he is completely amazing! in my opinion he is way more awesome than R2-D2 cuz he kinda guides him, and his friendship with R2 amazes me :)

#11 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

GREETING ELF!!! I AM THE ROB$TAR

I literally live in Middle Earth (Well at least the locations where the films were filmed ala New Zealand)

For a minute I thought your thread title was referring to Huskystarcraft and Kurt Hugo Schneider because their band is called Nerd Alert.

Enjoy your stay. Plenty of interesting stuff to read around here :)

CHUR

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#12 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

GREETING ELF!!! I AM THE ROB$TAR

I literally live in Middle Earth (Well at least the locations where the films were filmed ala New Zealand)

For a minute I thought your thread title was referring to Huskystarcraft and Kurt Hugo Schneider because their band is called Nerd Alert.

Enjoy your stay. Plenty of interesting stuff to read around here :)

CHUR

you live in new zealand? c´mon, dude, don´t play with me...:o i would give anything to just...live there...well, lucky you :)

#13 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hi guys..or anyone there...I am new here..as you may guess..or not.

Idk the "usual age" of anyone that posts here, but i am a 14 year old girl. I really love sci-fy (huge star wars fan) and specially Tolkien´s books and Middle Earth tales.

I´m now starting to think that anyone here likes the same things as me, but anyway, hey, hello there! :)

(I also play MMO´s like lord of the rings online and star wars:the old republic)

...and I am also an elf.

Welcome! There are lots of sci fi fans here, myself included. For the record, which tolkein book is the best? I've always liked the hobbit, but I hear people saying some of his other books. Lotr, silmarian, some people even like his books outside of middle earth (which, admittedly, I have yet to read). As for star wars....... well, I don't think anyone on the forums doesn't like it. Unfortunate that Lucas sold out to Disney though :(.

Anyways, enjoy your stay, and if anyone tries to kill you, kill them right back.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#14 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Welcome! There are lots of sci fi fans here, myself included. For the record, which tolkein book is the best? I've always liked the hobbit, but I hear people saying some of his other books. Lotr, silmarian, some people even like his books outside of middle earth (which, admittedly, I have yet to read). As for star wars....... well, I don't think anyone on the forums doesn't like it. Unfortunate that Lucas sold out to Disney though :(.

Anyways, enjoy your stay, and if anyone tries to kill you, kill them right back.

hey there :)

personally, my favourite Tolkien book has to be the third one on The Lord of The Rings series, but I advise everyone here to first read The Hobbit because It has a lot of key info that you will need to be able to understand Lotr. I am currently reading The Silmarillion and I can tell you that it is awesome :)

Well, as for star wars being sold to Disney, I guess we have to pray for them to make an awesome movie and don´t ruin star wars reputation (and turn it into a kids movie...).

btw, love your signature :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lotr, hp, thg, starwars, startrek