• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MissCrazeh

MissCrazeh

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

I recently had to start dealing with MySQL and PHP, and that is slightly beyond the point where my nerdy friends can help me..

I sit here with my wooden spoon, hammering at concrete walls until they fall, and life would be so much simpler if I had someone who had a clue, who I could bother for help now and then.

Looking for someone to bother personally tho, not over the forums. I can be a mess when explaining, and a ton of people misreading does not always help ^_^ Ya know..

FB, TS, something.. 

I ramble on a lot, I often make little to no sense, and I ask the most amazingly stupid questions. 

Looking for a patient guru with a little time to spare now and then. <3 

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

I personally am not that great with php, but I know there are a few people on here that are very good at it, so good luck. :)

nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

As much as I think it'd be great to be called Sushi-sensei, I don't know much about PHP. Good luck!

#4 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

As much as I think it'd be great to be called Sushi-sensei, I don't know much about PHP. Good luck!

Haha I had the same thought "I can be in a position of power!.. but I don't know much about PHP".

#5 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

I can program in and debug PHP - though I would not consider myself an expert. K_N works with PHP daily and I believe Champion of Cyrodiil works with it a good bit as well. I can't really say I have the time to dedicate to being a guru, however, I would recommend you to post a thread here asking for help.

I know you said you were hesitant to, but chances are if you have the question someone somewhere else in the world has the same question. If we turn it into a forum post, it becomes searchable and the rest of the world gets the same question answered. Even if you think it's a "stupid" question, I'm sure someone somewhere in the world is having the same "stupid" problem.

Also, check out stackoverflow. It is hands down the best QA site for developers; I've had a few really tough questions to answer and the creativity of others there never ceases to surprise me.

If you ever have a specific problem, you can PM me here or send me a message on skype (username in my profile, I'm usually logged off until after lunch, though).

#6 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I would be happy to help via personal message or on forum topics.  But I don't have the availability to be on call, even if its only a little time to spare.  

I also agree with emosaurusrex, chances are your problem has already been solved on the web somewhere.  You'll just have to do a little digging.  I can understand the desire for instant answers to your questions, however, that's called development support, and its what we usually get paid for.

#7 MissCrazeh

MissCrazeh

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well it was worth a try :) I've never to this day charged a single person of the people who use my services and servers, and I'll keep my services free for as long as I can provide them, thus I have no extra cash for paying someone for some random idea bouncing and conversation..

If I had general questions I would simply Google it. Guess I'll just keep going at my problems like I usually do, hammering at them until they fall. 

Thnx anyway.

#8 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

For the record I meant to encourage you to post it as a topic, not research endlessly. :P

And if you ever have a quick question feel free to PM me, I don't mind helping.