2 replies to this topic

#1 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Something is completely different to nothing, Nothing is where there is no object or substance around to create something, But if there is already something here, then you make something out of something. You are just changing something. Something is not "made" out of nothing. If it were made out of nothing there would be something there. But to "create" something, you need to have nothing first. It's a paradox almost. You can't actually create "something" i.e. a particle from nothing. It always comes from something. But the mystery of the universe is something else. Some people would say god. But no where did your god come from, If they say he has always been here. Then all you say is how can he have always been here. Something isn't endless, it is finite. Where as nothing is infinite. So that something i.e. your god comes from nothing. But the mystery is, where did that something come from, in nothing. It's and endless loop of thinking that will drive you crazy. Many a scientist has gone crazy trying to comprehend it. But I don't thing we are "meant" to comprehend it. Anyway we can't, If nothing is infinite and something is finite i.e. out brain, then we simple cannot comprehend infinite. To prove this. Simply try to think of infinity. You can't can you. Everything comes from nothing. But again, back to square one, how did that something come from nothing. In fact, where did that nothing come from. It's incomprehensible. Don't try to argue back saying "Oh it come from a singularity." Maybe it did. But again, Loop, where did that singularity come from?

*insert cliché inspirational quote here*

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

My general rule is something can be exploded, nothing can't be.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 RainKamelot

RainKamelot

Megabyte

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

You can't do nothing. That is all.