• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Just this year I've found myself more and more attracted to other women. I've had this crush on this one girl from DQ for a while now, I don't know what it is, but she's just so easy to look at, I always wonder what kind of stuff she likes and if she'd like me or thinks anything of me. She noticed I dyed my hair the beginning of the semester... dsfgsdf... But anyway, I've found myself wondering that if something should happen and I break up with my boyfriend, if I would try a girl next. 

I've never heard of the slut theory. I never really thought much of it. No, it's definitely not a choice, but I think sexuality can be fluid, and it might change from one thing to another throughout your life. Maybe not as dramatic as straight to gay, but I think most people have at least entertained the idea of if they find the same sex attractive, and maybe that thought might be stronger at one point in their life. 

I have been curious about the notion of whether its a choice or if you can switch sub-consciously but I just can't find men attractive in that way. Physically I find men disgusting, emotionally since I share the same mindset as most of them there is no mystery there, nothing to explore or discover. I am also attracted to the idea of being a biological father which further compounds my attraction to women. Im not against it, I just don't think its for me.

#22 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have been curious about the notion of whether its a choice or if you can switch sub-consciously but I just can't find men attractive in that way. Physically I find men disgusting, emotionally since I share the same mindset as most of them there is no mystery there, nothing to explore or discover. I am also attracted to the idea of being a biological father which further compounds my attraction to women. Im not against it, I just don't think its for me.

I don't think it is a conscious decision.

You don't usually get to pick the way your body's chemistry affects your perceptions.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#23 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I will comment on the "emotionally retarded" aspect because I used to be it:

I used to be at the point where my emotions would literally control me, I was beyond any rationality, and I didn't understand why I was feeling what I was or how to deal with it. It cost me a job and probably a few friendships. *That* is what I would define as emotionally retarded.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#24 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

I don't understand the human need to categorise things any more, I think I'm becoming too liberal/disenfranchised with society. I don't really define my sexuality therefore, I suppose nine times out of ten I'd be considered straight, I've yet to meet a guy I'd have sex with, but if I ever did it wouldn't bother me, and there are blokes that I think are hot, namely Christian Bale, sweet Jesus yes.

Likewise though, it doesn't really bother me what sexuality someone is, if they're straight bi or gay, I'm happy to say I can see why people would find other genders or whatever as attractive. If you're a dude who wants to fuck dudes, go for it. If you're a girl who likes guys and girls then again, not a big deal. Societal convention shouldn't dictate to anyone how they live their life.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#25 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

I don't understand the human need to categorise things any more, I think I'm becoming too liberal/disenfranchised with society. I don't really define my sexuality therefore, I suppose nine times out of ten I'd be considered straight, I've yet to meet a guy I'd have sex with, but if I ever did it wouldn't bother me, and there are blokes that I think are hot, namely Christian Bale, sweet Jesus yes.

Likewise though, it doesn't really bother me what sexuality someone is, if they're straight bi or gay, I'm happy to say I can see why people would find other genders or whatever as attractive. If you're a dude who wants to fuck dudes, go for it. If you're a girl who likes guys and girls then again, not a big deal. Societal convention shouldn't dictate to anyone how they live their life.

What about a man that loves a donkey? I like your philosophy, just curious where you draw the line. x:

#26 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

I try to live by three simple rules, sort of like Asimov's robot laws.

1. Do whatever makes you happy.

2. Do not do something if it detriments someone (or something) else's happiness.

3. Do not do something if it severely detriments your own or someone else's health.

I imagine that having sex with a donkey would break the second rule so I'd draw the line at animal sex. I don't think it's fair to have sex with an animal that ultimately might not be able to protest against the action. =)

#27 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Solid rules to live by, IMO.

#28 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

It's not easy though, I'd be lying if I said I was good at it. =P

#29 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

What, not having sex with donkeys?

#30 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

What, not having sex with donkeys?

lol I see what you did there ;)

I try to live by three simple rules, sort of like Asimov's robot laws.

1. Do whatever makes you happy.

2. Do not do something if it detriments someone (or something) else's happiness.

3. Do not do something if it severely detriments your own or someone else's health.

I imagine that having sex with a donkey would break the second rule so I'd draw the line at animal sex. I don't think it's fair to have sex with an animal that ultimately might not be able to protest against the action. =)

In terms of Asimov... Books or Movie?

#31 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Well, Runaround I guess. But he promoted the laws outside of the books.

#32 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Books are awesome, he is a king of short stories.

#33 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

I've never contemplated homosexuality in a serious manner, but I do admire the looks of dudes when I'm talking to my girl mates. I ask them shit like, "would you date that guy?" and "Do you think he has a big one?" and "yeah, he has a firm ass" lol

The only dude i might turn bi for would be Shawn Michaels (The Wrestler lol)

But I haven't sexually fantasized about a dude before... probably never will. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#34 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

Hmm, since this is alive again - and I'm trying to be a bit more active again - my two cents!

I don't really classify my sexuality as anything but I'm pretty liberal, I guess for the most part straight, with a number of exceptions (hnng Christian Bale). But it goes beyond a question of sexuality for me; talking on a purely sexual level, I could go for dick chicks, transgender girls, I mean hey, if the plumbing still works, who cares if the pipes have been changed?

I think people should just be with whoever makes them happy, if that's someone of your own gender, who cares?

#35 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Right? People freak out over labels. It's like people need to oversimplify. Humans are WAY more complex than that. Quite frankly, dividing humans into a binary law (gender, for example) is an insult.

#36 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

mean hey, if the plumbing still works, who cares if the pipes have been changed?

Thanks for the weird visualization in my head LOLOL

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#37 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

Plumbing is weird to you?

#38 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I think 'slut theory' regarding bisexuality is just a projection.
People think, "Man, if I could be attracted to BOTH sexes, I'd have sex NON STOP."

...I mean, that's what I think anyway. :P
But I'm sexually crippled, only attracted to one sex. v___v

I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#39 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Quite frankly, dividing humans into a binary law (gender, for example) is an insult.

Word, dude. Binary gender is a lie.

I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#40 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

I would say I'm panromantic but only incidentally bi-curious. All these newfangled names for different types of sexuality. It would be much easier if people didn't have to attach a label to fucking everything. XD