#1 Delta22

Delta22

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Hello everyone,

Im following emosaurusrex's advice, following a book on C# and the first tutorial is a picture box, and im wandering if there's any way i can play a video file in a picture box (or any other method but preferably a picture box) and open a Photoshop file(as a image). I can open a bitmap, jpeg, gif, etc... but i am hoping to expand the project.

any help would be apreciated, thanks.

Programmer(in training), hacker(in minimal training), good with computers and mature, all you need to know about me but feel free to talk to me, contact me or whatever, i am no danger.

#2 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

This reminds me of The Last Lecture, where Randy used a program called Alice to teach the students programming without them knowing that's what they were learning.

Check it out here, it might be of interest to you.

fl9Uov4.gif

#3 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

Nah, the picturebox can't play videos. I think the easiest way to do it is to create an instance of windows media player on the form. If you want complete control over playback, here's a library for a .NET wrapper for DirectShow. DirectShow comes packaged with the Windows SDK, you can talk to it natively if you're feeling adventurous, but I can't find any decent tutorials for you.