ITblasters

Byte

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi to all...
Sorry for bad English.

Why we chose wordpress/Joomla?

Actualy i learn web designing using photoshop, dreamwever and Flash, but searching on the internet i found also wordpress and Joomla which is use to developed a web (if i not wrong)...
So Anybody tell me why we chose this for making a web and what is purpose or which is better?

Thanks.

#2 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Just put "Sorry for bad english" in your signature, it will save you writing it out for every post.

#3 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I have never used Jooma, but I have used wordPress to stand up a site for small businesses quickly. Most small businesses are looking to integrate with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and PayPal. Once you have a wordpress site running (usually on a LAMP or WAMP stack), it is very easy for the client to take ownership of the site and maintain it themselves. This is an important feature to me. While I understand there is often additional income to be made from providing support. I find that I personally do not have the time or desire to 'fix' or update client websites when they need something like a phone number changed.

Wordpress also has the capability to embed your own code if you desire to accomplish something a little more fancy. Additionally, there is a market for wordpress plugins that provide additional capability. However, you need to be somewhat savvy when choosing the plugins to install. Many of them are poor quality and do not add the functionality they claim to.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ - Currently has 23K plugins
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/ - Has 1.7K themes you can apply to a wordpress site

Also they provide a variety of mobile wordpress sites for different platforms - http://wordpress.org/extend/mobile/

#4 mallikarjuna

mallikarjuna

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:23 AM

it better to use WordPress for designing website. A normal person with little bit coding knowledge can easily design a website. Different plugins are available for wordpress

iot app development companies Ahmedabad Cost of app like ola

#5 ECInfosolutions

ECInfosolutions

Bit

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:48 AM

Use of WordPress now is easier and SEO friendly those who want to check more information click here:-[OR DON'T]

Edited by Mister Sympa, 02 April 2019 - 09:07 AM.
Nope.

#6 Durtal

Durtal

Bit

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:16 AM

I used both and I have to say that Wordpress is much more intuitive and pleasant to use. Every time I sit down to Joomla, it seems to me that I see it for the first time. ;)

#7 zubairkhan

zubairkhan

Bit

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:04 AM

Helpful thread, I am not sure about Joomla, but WordPress is the most used CMS; but yes, when it comes to Weebly then it is one of the big competitor and good for bloggers, Because for using WordPress, you must need knowledge about coding, but in Weebly, you can design your website by just drag and drop. But in the end, if we compare Weebly and WordPress, then WordPress is always a winner.

#8 Dimon456

Dimon456

Bit

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:11 AM

I do cast my vote for Joomla in case you want to make something more complicated than simple blog

#9 parthbari

parthbari

Bit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAhmedabad, India

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:45 AM

Please leave

Edited by Mister Sympa, 01 September 2021 - 06:52 AM.
I'MAGIRAFFE

Digital Marketing Expert at Creole Studios