1 reply to this topic

#1 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

In my quest to add more projects to my development portfolio, I set out to apply everything new I've learned to a new project, and this is that project.

I do plan to make it open source, once I release the first major version, as well!

At its most basic level, it's a forum system, with users, categories, boards, posts, etc - But from the ground up I wanted it to behave more like a CMS.

The core of the framework comes from how pages are served - All requests are directed to index.php via htaccess, and the index loads 5 sexy files:

- coreHeader, which loads all common dependencies(like controller framework, database adapter, etc) and the configuration
- The logic controller class for the page requested (dynamically generated through my arch controller class via reflection)
- The visible page header, (from <html> through the navbar just after <body>), which loads extra CSS, JS and such things set in the page's logic controller
- The page content/body, from a views folder,
- The footer, which includes visible content (and can contain logic if it needs to.)

Using this framework allows me to add functionality without worry about paths, includes and accessible data - I just need to make a view and a controller for the page, and the framework I've built takes care of the rest.

I'm also using Twitter Bootstrap for UI, so it looks shiny from the get go.

Thoughts, questions?

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#2 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Here's some screenshots of what I have now

Attached Files

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.