31 replies to this topic

#21 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I think there's a "sweet spot" for waking up. I think waking up too early (like 4am/5am) would be more depressing, leaving for work when it is dark.

I wake up with the sun, 6:30-7am usually, 9 at the latest. I consider myself happy with my life. Sleep in too late, and I actually start to feel sick from being in bed for so long.

But you usally have to take those studies with a grain of salt. They always try to categorize people.

#22 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

My sweet spot is about ten am.
I can stay up until four, and wake up at ten feeling good.
Or go to bed at eleven and do the same.

That being said, I plan on waking up super duper late tomorrow.
My buddy is having a bachelor party Saturday night and I am going over to his place tonight to hang out and stay over.
We are going to stay awake until the sun comes up, then go to sleep and wake up sometime in the afternoon.
That way we can drink all night and not have our bodies run out of energy too early in the night.

And the answer is yes, we Canadians do put that much effort in to our drinking.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#23 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Then 8 glasses of water should be included before you drink. Get hydrated!

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#24 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Then 8 glasses of water should be included before you drink. Get hydrated!

I drink water while I drink alcohol.
I also keep two flasks on me, one is full of peach schnapps and the other is full of water.
Just in case I end up somewhere that does not have booze or water.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#25 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

My sweet spot is about ten am.
I can stay up until four, and wake up at ten feeling good.
Or go to bed at eleven and do the same.

That being said, I plan on waking up super duper late tomorrow.
My buddy is having a bachelor party Saturday night and I am going over to his place tonight to hang out and stay over.
We are going to stay awake until the sun comes up, then go to sleep and wake up sometime in the afternoon.
That way we can drink all night and not have our bodies run out of energy too early in the night.

And the answer is yes, we Canadians do put that much effort in to our drinking.

same, 9 or 10, any earlier and I'm grumpy.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#26 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

If I'm up at 5 and I can't sleep then I'll go down at six and start the day an hour early. An hour to myself can do wonders with getting me through the day. Time to grab a coffee, flick on the news and play with the cat a bit. You get to watch the sunrise too which is always great.

A note about sleeping in though, I used to spend whole days lying in bed on my laptop, recently I've found I can't do it any more, if I feel like I'm wasting my time then I fall into a rut, it also gives me too much time to worry about the near future and I don't need the extra hassle. I try to keep myself occupied now, definitely feeling happier than normal and actually I'm quite a happy person normally any way.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#27 Giandor

Giandor

Byte

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

As you like giving advice i would like to ask you something. I am English, but i live in Italy with my family, for sometime now. But i havn't found anyone, and i mean ANYONE who enjoys the samething's as me. I mean, you know... "nerdy" thing's. Any advice on how to find friend's with my interest. PS: dont say it's because i can't speak italian, because i can.

We humans give so much for granted, but not many people realize what a fluke it is if we are here today. Remember how lucky we are, and take a minute to be grateful for what we have. Because before you know it, the best has come to past, and you will be left with nothing, but remorse for what was, and what will never be.

#28 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

As you like giving advice i would like to ask you something. I am English, but i live in Italy with my family, for sometime now. But i havn't found anyone, and i mean ANYONE who enjoys the samething's as me. I mean, you know... "nerdy" thing's. Any advice on how to find friend's with my interest. PS: dont say it's because i can't speak italian, because i can.

If you have a laptop, bring it to a crowded area and open up some nerdy websites.
Gadget sites, computer hardware, anime, any largely popular websites with nerdy qualities that people would recognize from a distance.
Then just make sure the screen is super visible to passers by and watch who takes notice.
Then follow them home and watch them for a few days, if the are nerdy enough they will understand this as normal friend scouting and invite you inside.
Worst case scenario you get arrested.

#29 Giandor

Giandor

Byte

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

yeah, for stalking. Not a bad idea.... but i was looking for someway of finding someone who goes to my same school. But realy i dont want to have to shout out in the hall "i'm a nerd!", if you get what i mean hahahaha. Thank's for reponding anyway :)

We humans give so much for granted, but not many people realize what a fluke it is if we are here today. Remember how lucky we are, and take a minute to be grateful for what we have. Because before you know it, the best has come to past, and you will be left with nothing, but remorse for what was, and what will never be.

#30 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

How about clubs of some sort? Chess club, computer club, etc. Or maybe a youth club of some sort.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#31 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Same school makes things easier.
You could find some way of signifying that you are a nerd without shouting it at people.
Is there a dress code of any sort in your school, or are you free to wear what you please?

If you have free reign on your own attire you could always wear some nerdy shirts.
Or, yes I am about to shamelessly promote my own business, you could follow the link in my signature and buy a few patches to stick to your backpack/whatever you carry things around in.

#32 Giandor

Giandor

Byte

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

hahahaha ok i'll go and check out your business :) yes, there are no rules on how we dress, so i'll give a go on wearing some of my film-related t-shirts or something like that, it may give some results. And i'll also go on a club hunt, and like Akira suggested, i'll start from chess and computer related groups. Thank's a lot for your help :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Self Help, Advice, Sharing