No replies to this topic

#1 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

I posted about this in another thread but I figured it'd be best to make a new thread so as to not cause any confusion.

I have another interesting idea. I've actually been pondering making a gif like this for my signature, but I think it would serve a better purpose publicly.

My idea, is we take the Fringe opening theme (It's sufficient length to put a lot of general things nerds like)

here it is:

On each separate section (you know what I mean if you watch it, where it slows down so you can read words) We would put a background that signifies a major nerd thing: One of them, anime. Another, sci-fi. Another, video games.

We would take sentences from individual things (popular movies like The Shining, we could have one that says "All Work and No Play."), and put them there.
My only request if we do this, well, I have 3 requests, in order from lowest want to highest.

Somewhere I want something representing Apple (could be Apple vs. Android thing, as long as it references Apple in some way). This is a preference, and I don't care much if it doesn't get put in.

My next request is that in the intro before the video starts (there would be a pause before the notes start) I want the camera to go through a portal, starting the video. I want this because I love Portal/Portal 2 and it's a cool effect. Right before going through the portal, the first 3 notes would play, then the portal would be entered and the video would begin.

My last request is that if we do this, in the end part where the names show up, next to SpleenBeGone and the other admins, I'd really appreciate "Intro Idea by DifferentTurret" or some credit like that, but, to be fair, make sure that it would be like so:

Nerd Forum

Concept By: SpleenBeGone
Supported by: Admins here

Intro Idea by DifferentTurret

I just want to make it so that it's clear that I am not admin, but I still get credit, y'know?

This would make a great intro for the Nerd Forum YouTube channel, especially if that starts posting frequently.

If that doesn't happen, I'm still going to do it anyway, but I'm not very good at creating stuff like this, so it would be wonderful to work with someone else on this.

I just think that an entire song is too long, but some 30 second one would be short and sweet.

Just so you know, I'd REALLY love for this to be done, so if you're willing to help me out PM me or Skype me :D

Also it'd be a nice touch if we changed the logo effect (I was planning on changing "Fringe" to "Nerd Forum" but if we could also change the effect to something more nerdy that'd be cool).

So, who's in, and when should we start, and how should we organize this?

fl9Uov4.gif