Photo

What Animes are you currently following?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

As the title suggests, this is the thread for you to nerd about any animes currently airing.

List of shows currently airing [lower right corner]

Personally, I'm not following any shows, but I felt we needed a thread for it.

#2 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Honestly, the only things I'm watching are Boku Wa and Sakura No Pet. I tried a few of the other new ones, but none stuck.

I want the new season of Heaven's Lost Property to come the hell out already.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I was watching Boku wa Tomodachi, but I've fallen a few weeks behind and I can't seem to get the motivation to get caught up.

I tried Sasami-san@Ganbaranai but I didn't like it. I went into thinking it'd be like Welcome to the NHK but it was just weird supernatural stuff. I just wanted a cute, antisocial shut in girl that I could relate to! Is that so much to ask?

I think the other one I tried was Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. It was okay, but I lost interest kind of quickly.

#4 NeKoRoKeTto

NeKoRoKeTto

Byte

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFuyuki City

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

AKB0048 Next Stage - Still have to finish the first season, but I will soon enough...

Chihayafuru 2 - I love this series...I'll never be able to play the card game, but they just present it in a way that's enjoyable, plus the romance subplot is always lol

Fairy Tail - Awesome shounen series...and it has likeable charas unlike other mainstream shounen.

Ginga e Kickoff! - I only started this cause I love the voice actress for the heroine...but It was a nice change of pace I don't usually watch sports anime at all so yeah....

GJ-bu - Derpy comedy series, cliches everywhere, but I still enjoy it....

Hunter x Hunter 2011 - Pure Win Series...that is all...

Ixion Saga DT - Not serious series is not serious...its one of those I ask myself why the hell am I watching this but ...nonetheless still do...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - DBZ meets vampires what more is there to say....

Love Live!: School Idol Project - I was bored one day...and the watching happened, and you know...cute girls singing...okay sure...

Magi - tenouttaten, no joke.

Minami-ke Tadaima - I adore this series, I was uber happy about this new season...falls into the category of derpy comedy series...

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Spice and Wolf wannabe, way more angstier...but I'm enyoying it, it took the route SandW didn't....

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - I don't know what's with me and these bloody harems...but I can't stop watching them...

Psyco-Pass - REALLY good series...futuristic utopia 'nuff said.

Shirokuma Cafe - Thinking of dropping, its just silly bears doing silly things...and it gets boring, and talky....

Tamako Market - Moe nonsense I watch for some reason...damn you KYOANI!

Uchuu Kyoudai - Really insteresting series, I stopped watching it for a while so the episodes build up...but I'm really liking this one, its one thoe pace breakers....

Yugioh Zexal - Don't ask me why I'm watching this, I'm baffled myself.

Zetsuen No Tempest - You have to get past some really talky and crap epis, but it gets good.

Kotoura-San - It's...another derpy comedy series with random dramatic moment....makes me laugh so....

Robotic;Notes - It's...not as good as Steins;Gate...but...I don't know I have mixed feeling about this one...but I'm enjoying rather than hating it...

Gintama - Mostly win and hilarity...some episode can be eeeeh...but not all 250+ episodes can be good....

Sakurasou Pet - Hate the main chara, only watching it for Shina...

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - Nonsense I love...reminds me of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles...

Boku wa Tomodachi - Everyone is crazy...even the dude for not exploiting his ovious harem...yeah I love this one...

Vividred Operation - Lolibutts, lolibutts everywhere...

Not sure if I missed any...prolly did...but whatever....
Posted Image

#5 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Watched Soul Eater kinda by accident on Adult Swim the other day, so I downloaded the first three of those. I dig the passive-violent gothic style, like Lewis Carroll meets Voltaire. I went subbed because it's always better.

#6 Simon Seville

Simon Seville

Byte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Not following. just revisiting if that counts.

#7 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Watched Soul Eater kinda by accident on Adult Swim the other day, so I downloaded the first three of those. I dig the passive-violent gothic style, like Lewis Carroll meets Voltaire. I went subbed because it's always better.

There are a couple dubbed shows that I like. I find if I first watch it in english, I'll prefer it in english. Like, I'd rather watch the dub of Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon because I grew up with them. I also think the Cowboy Bebop dub was really well done.

Oh, and Ghost Stories. Because basically the voice actors just went nuts on that anime.

#8 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

There are a couple dubbed shows that I like. I find if I first watch it in english, I'll prefer it in english. Like, I'd rather watch the dub of Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon because I grew up with them. I also think the Cowboy Bebop dub was really well done.

Oh, and Ghost Stories. Because basically the voice actors just went nuts on that anime.

Lol, I said something to this very effect not two nights ago to a friend when I had him watch Soul Eater (He only watches stuff on Netflix, the English dub is pure shit in that show). Steve Blum nailed Spike's voice so much I can't stand the sub. And I love the Major, GITS Eng dub is better.

#9 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'm usually not the type to advocate this, but the manga is apparently much fuller.

Apparently, the ending to the anime is, like, nothing like the manga [FMA anyone?], and where the anime stops with a "happy ending", the manga continues and fleshes out the plot.

But I agree, I had a great time while I watched it. I like the fun, colorful characters and the absurd plot. The ending was just a slap in the face though.

#10 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

OT: Emo got me watching Psycho Pass

I like future utopia/dystopia plots, and this one is immaculate. Interesting premise, with some interesting things unfolding and some pretty deep metaphors being layed on you.

All in all, a very good watch.

Also, anyone know if Ao no Exorcist kept being good? I watched about 10 eps [at the time that's all that was out] and I liked it, just not enough for me to start following it.

#11 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm usually not the type to advocate this, but the manga is apparently much fuller.

Apparently, the ending to the anime is, like, nothing like the manga [FMA anyone?], and where the anime stops with a "happy ending", the manga continues and fleshes out the plot.

But I agree, I had a great time while I watched it. I like the fun, colorful characters and the absurd plot. The ending was just a slap in the face though.

Done by the same people that did Fullmetal, so they'll probably remake it when the manga finishes. And I'm always the type to try out the manga on anime that are done and the book isn't.

I never watched the Blue Exorcist anime, but I got to about book three of the manga. It's decent, but not very well written. It's more of fun for the sake of fun, type stuff. The kind of thing fangirls go wild over.

#12 Reflex F.N.

Reflex F.N.

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:08 PM

I started watching Ef: A Tale of Memories. I've only watched two episodes so far, but I'm already loving it! :D

#13 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:32 AM

I recently started up on Crunchyroll.com. Netflix wasn't providing enough variety for me via stream (I stopped renting a couple years ago). So between the two I'm currently watching...

Fairy Tail - not in a huge hurry. Probably the only major on-going filler-loaded one I enjoy. Still pretty early into it. I watch this with my girlfriend so I can't continue on my own.

Blue Exorcist - I think I have 5-6 episodes to go. I like it a lot, but it's not top 25 material for me.

Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- - I didn't think I'd like this but it's pretty cool. It's different. I like the Aztecan/Mayan themed world they got going on. Refreshing to see. Flamie <3

RECENTLY FINISHED:

Parasyte -the Maxim- - great anime. Top 10 for me.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - this is another one I didn't think I'd like but the concept was pretty awesome. AI battleships. Not quite top 25 material for me. Still great.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit - loved it. Balsa <3

#14 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

I gave up Crunchyroll after the free trial.

I've signed up for Hulu and making my way through that. They got just as much, if not more than both other services.

Right now I'm still working on Seven Deadly Sins and started Ajin on Netflix.

Hulu going to start 2-3 shows over my long weekend. Probably One Punch Man for sure.

#15 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:55 AM

ONNNNNE PUUUUUUUCNH

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#16 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:15 AM

ONNNNNE PUUUUUUUCNH

I literally just came here to say that I watched season one of One Punch Man and it might be one of my favourite anime ever.

It manages to weirdly perfectly combine insanely over the top fighting/anime goofiness with deadpan humour.

Plus it is super stylised and fun to look at.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#17 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:50 AM

Confirmed.

One Punch Man is fucking hilarious. Love it. I knocked out four episodes last night. Hungry for more.

#18 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:21 AM

I love how low level bored Saitama is throughout the entire show.

Even when he meets a real challenge he is just kind of like "Well this is nice."

I also really like how you can kind of see random elements from other anime.

Some of the fighting is very Dragonball Z, some of the powers and stuff are very similar looking to Sailor Moon animation and it's all just good all over.

Sometimes I just listen to the theme music because it is so excellent.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#19 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

Just finished One Punch Man. Great show. Easily top 5 material. The alien boss shares his name with a Magic the Gathering guild.

No Game No Life is up next. Then off to finish Ajin: Demi-Human.

I was at a Christmas party on my girlfriends family's side and had a really good conversation with her cousin about anime - it actually saved me from pure boredom. Usually when you talk to anime with strangers it's all "no I have not seen that. You watch Naruto?" but he was pretty well versed in the ways of the anime. He kept up the conversation pretty well and even I learned a thing or two.

I wish more people would talk nerdy to me.

#20 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

So yeah, a follow up to my older post...

No Game No Life is fantastic. WATCH IT.

I did not finish Ajin as planned, it seems I stopped at S2, EP. 5 and kinda forgot about it. Since we're mentioning a Netflix show I'd like to point out how great Castlevania is! A lot of people are saying it's the Game of Thrones of anime and I can definitely see the appeal. I'm eagerly awaiting more episodes to be released.

I've fired Hulu back up a month ago and have been burning through more shows. Even rewatching some old favorites.

I started Gate last night and I'm already on episode 10. I love it. One of the first few things I've said on this forum...

A ) I love pina coladas.

B ) I have a penchant for lady knights.

There's a fucking princess knight in this show called Pina Co Lada.

My life is complete.

I can die now.