12 replies to this topic

#1 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Dat Bass. Seriously though, I saw them live for the second time on Thursday. Amazing show. (They were on tour with Turisas and Firewind, and had Wilderun as the local opener)
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v1xbEttSX9w

Edit: Just now saw a speling mistake on Wilderun. HA!

#2 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Consequently, I only heard of Sulfur because Dominique of Stolen Babies mentioned them in an interview.

Mad love for this band.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#3 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'll look into them tonight. After I finish House of Cards on Netflix, I have to get ready for work....and then I work.

#4 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like the same style of bass as Robert Tujillo when he was in "Infectious Grooves", And the singer sounds like the singer from Arch Enemy.

Me likey :-)

#5 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

And yet the musicians in Stolen Babies far exceed the two you listed. I mean, I really like this chick's clean singing a lot, and I feel it's her strongest point.

#6 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

For really beautiful female vocals mixed with male guttural I suggest In Flames - Dead End.

The Agonist - Memento Mori

"Deadlock - Spring has awoken" is another good one but I can only have 2 media links in a post so you will have to find it yourself if you are interested.

As you can see I am a big fan of Female Metal singers! \m/ (^o^ )

#7 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I've seen In Flames live (and I think I have that album), and I've not yet listened to the Agonist before tonight.....something about the overall sound feels a bit generic....I can't quite place it.

My favorite female singer is Anneke van Giersbergen....I say that lightly though. I love her in the albums Addicted and Epicloud, both by Devin Townsend. However, I've never listened to The Gathering, or any of her solo stuff really....but I'll get around to it sometime someday.

https://www.youtube....h?v=UfLl92ErZUI

#8 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Every time I think of Devin I think of when he was in Strappers. He didn't sport an attractive look back then.

Posted Image

#9 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Hahaha oh man, I miss his skullet sometimes.

#10 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Female metal vocalist thread now? Little light on the metal side of things, but great song

Also good call on SB rampager, hadn't heard of them before, and hit upon my secret love for lisa miskovsky Silhouette, so thanks to you too.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#11 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

It's funny, I've seen Eluveitie twice, and I can not name a single song by them....however, I do enjoy thier show. The singer actually looks like Devin Townsend in a way, which is lulzy...and I mean the actual singer, not this chick. :P (seriously, once that hat comes off, he's rockin a skullet)

https://www.youtube....h?v=kb8WGig0MLU

#12 Hummingbird_Lost

Hummingbird_Lost

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Stolen Babies is pretty great. I headed to a show they were at a few years ago on my birthday. Ended up meeting the whole band, and Dominique drew all over one of their posters for me, putting "Happy Birthday" and such. They all signed it too. Probably the coolest band I've met.

#13 inhumanrampager

inhumanrampager

Byte

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

DUDE, that is fantastic.

Side note, I learned a couple weeks ago that the bassist and drummer are in Pusicfer with Maynard James Keenan of Tool.