• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

They are a band I think is under rated, have a very unique sound that covers many styles but they still retain their identity despite being quite eclectic. Their central sound is Steam Punk, here are a couple samples of their different styles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EX11Xi4pak&list=AL94UKMTqg-9Be555BScLGKEjNf8jD5Hj_

I got them all from the same youtube playlist which by the looks of it covers most of their album work.

#2 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

I own one of their albums.
I've come to have sorta mixed feelings about them, honestly. Their sound is a little too subdued for my taste.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#3 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I agree it could be evolved or even pushed into different genre crosses, the reason it is subdued i think is because they have the exact same timbre over every album but just change the genre. So they need to evolve their sound whilst still retaining "steam punk".

Even though I agree with you I have two albums and I think they are pretty cool.

#4 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I always kinda felt like their musical genre was "goth."
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Abney, Park, Punk, Steam, Steam Punk, Rock