8 replies to this topic

#1 Epic?OhYes

Epic?OhYes

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationI should post more.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

I am never the one to watch MTV, but since this show was about internet relationships and I see this a lot considering the internet is my natural habitat. What are your thoughts on this show?

30c3cwj.gif

^ My future Wife

WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.

#2 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Haven't seen it, but sounds cool. Is it about specific people involved in them currently? or just the subject in general?

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#3 Epic?OhYes

Epic?OhYes

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationI should post more.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Subject in general.

30c3cwj.gif

^ My future Wife

WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.

#4 Alphacation

Alphacation

Bit

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Its really good me and my gf are addicted to watching it and I've seen the movie like 3 times lol

#5 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I haven't seen it yet, but I've wanted to try it for the longest time. Maybe next weekend.

#6 Hummingbird_Lost

Hummingbird_Lost

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I've seen some of the episodes because I'm intrigued by the topic of internet relationships. I understand the concept of the show, but it makes no sense to me that I've never seen any of the people on the show do any investigating when it comes to the questionable statements/claims made by their counterparts. In my opinion, the kind of things that the hosts of the show do most times should've already been done by the person in the relationship... (that was pretty much entirely word vomit, hope I got my point across).

#7 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

I've seen some of the episodes because I'm intrigued by the topic of internet relationships. I understand the concept of the show, but it makes no sense to me that I've never seen any of the people on the show do any investigating when it comes to the questionable statements/claims made by their counterparts. In my opinion, the kind of things that the hosts of the show do most times should've already been done by the person in the relationship... (that was pretty much entirely word vomit, hope I got my point across).

You raise a fair point - some people are too blindly trusting.

#8 GandalfsDaughter

GandalfsDaughter

Byte

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFollowing Indiana Jones on his amazing adventures around the world

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

I´ve watched probably 3 or 4 episodes of that show and I think that the concept is very interesting and we can learn a lot from their experiences...although i think it is important to tell you that in all 3 or 4 episodes that i´ve watched the persons in question weren´t talking to the person they thought they were...in the first or second one the girl thought she was talking with "hot guy" but the "hot guy" was in fact a sixteen year old girl (that was a tense episode..). But anyway, it´s fun to watch :)

nope. not even a signature.

#9 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Well I know that they go into it with the understanding they will meet up in RL but I just tend to trust anything anyone says on the internet, the only face I will see of them is what they show and I am fine with that. If you are 45 fat and bald but pretend to be an 18 year old girl what do I care? It doesn't impact on me. I actually tend to find the Internet is a place people can be themselves though, on the flip they can be the complete opposite of their real selves which actually could be their inner selves.

Ahh well, I don't care, any Internet relationship (since I have no plans on meeting anyone in real life) is selfish, you can walk out at any time, commit as much as you want, no responsibilities and no worries!