6 replies to this topic

#1 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Do any of you guys do anything to try and stay healthy? It's always good to get other people's opinions and tips on things like this so you can take those ideas and amend your own plans with them.

Personally I lift weights and do sit-ups/ crunches. I used to go to the gym but it seems a waste of money now...

I know BMI is a load of crap too but I'm just about in the okay demographic for my height, bordering on the underweight which I find funny because two years ago I was on the borderline overweight. I think I'd like to put on 4 lbs without eating myself to shit though.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#2 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

I went from mega blimp to unhealthily skinny to chunky and now I'm going back down again. I try to eat somewhat well - but instead of depriving myself I just eat small portions of DELICIOUS DELICIOUS GREASE.

After work I go to my parent's - they have an elliptical that I use 3 days a week, the other two my mom and I do a Cindy Crawford workout tape together (I don't think I can make that sound any less embarrassing).

BMI is accurate for some... I've always had a muscular frame, though. When I was way too underweight, according to BMI, I was on the thin side of good.

#3 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

I get random spurts where I want to be healthy and exercise. Generally it just involves some free weights I have and pushups/situps. I do go running quite a bit with my dog when it's warm out though, I'd like to think that's what keeps me from having a heart attack with all the unhealthy things I eat.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#4 LD50

LD50

Mechromancer

• Members
  • 2,053 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

i walk everyday no matter the temperature outside. more some days than others. really depends on my mood.

it's amazing i even have the energy to do that. i'm sure flippy and spleen know exactly why, though.

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think I really do need to do more weights, I have a six pack, which took quite some time to build up, but I do need to work on my arms which are quite noodly compared. XD

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 Guardian

Guardian

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

I go to the gym on my lunch break. I combine 20-30 minutes of functional fitness resembling Crossfit, and in between I throw in a combined 2-3 miles of running. All combined about 40-60 minutes a day.

ifnTt0J.png

#7 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

I get to the gym at least 3 times a week. I try to go for a walk with the wife when its warmer outside...