41 replies to this topic

#21 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

What Builds do you guys use?

Im usually an Assassin/Rogue but my second character ends up being a spell sword so I can do both the fighters and mages guild legitimately. Lets face it though in every game the thieves guild quest has been the best quest in the entire game, including the main story.

#22 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Im usually an Assassin/Rogue but my second character ends up being a spell sword so I can do both the fighters and mages guild legitimately. Lets face it though in every game the thieves guild quest has been the best quest in the entire game, including the main story.

If we are talking Morrowind, I was always either a heavy armour two handed weapon Dunmer, or a light armour short blade weilding Argonian.

When I was the heavy I would immediately rock out into the hills outside of Suran to obtain Umbra, the best weapon ever to have graced an Elder Scrolls game, then after some mild leveling I would join the Morag Tong to get all the sweet loot and such. Which lead me fairly quickly to some Ebony armour via a couple assassinations. Then I would get to work on the warriors/thieves guild quest lines and the Redoran Great House stuff to get myself a compound. Somewhere in there I would do enough questing to get the Daedric armour from the tower of Tel Fyr (which required the murdering of Divayth Fyr).

If I went light I would nab the glass armour from the Hlaalu Vaults in Vivec by being crafty, then do enough grunt work to get Mehrunes Razor (disintigrate armour, weakness to poison and poison damage ftw). After that it was just all sorts of questing and coolecting loot.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#23 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

tend to be a one handed knight or warrior, with high charisma, high attack obviously. I also like to be fast so I split the points between traits to benefit those factors, then like to tank.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#24 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Pure destruction baby.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#25 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

Assassin or spellsword as well.
Btw, I think the Dark Brotherhood questlines are best.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#26 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm always a thief first and foremost in any game.
I always end up playing an assassin after I'm done thiefing in Elder Scrolls games, just because it's not a big shift.

I don't really enjoy being a spellcaster in pretty much any game, so I generally don't invest in spells at all. At most, I'll have a bit of restoration for healing myself, and a bit of mysticism for stealing souls.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#27 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Drakoth Mithros, dark elf destruction rogue/thief/assassin. Light armor, short blades, lots and lots of fireballs. There's been a Drakoth in every game since Morrowind. In morrowind he was more of a thief than anything(I stole every pillow I could find and built a massive pillow fort outside of Balmora). Oblivion saw a bit more of a mage side to him, mostly because of the cool spell effects. In Skyrim I use magic less(no custom spells :( ), but he's a decidedly darker character, going heavy into the dark brotherhood lines, with a very chaotic evil/neutral role in things. My wife actually refuses to watch my play him, hahaha XD

#28 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well, I have maxed out about every skill in Skyrim, but my first was Destruction magic, then the other schools of magic sans restoration. For combat-oriented skills, I started off with archery, then one-handed, then two-handed. Never really got much into stealth, although I have made a stealtch char.

I didn't like that I couldn't build an all-speechcraft char like Fallout 3/New Vegas, and just /talk/ my way out of everything.

*sigh* those were better days.

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Assassin or spellsword as well.
Btw, I think the Dark Brotherhood questlines are best.

Dark Brotherhood is all well and good, but Morag Tong is where it's at.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#30 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I enjoy either playing a heavy armor person with a two handed mace, or a wood elf with lots of bow skill.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#31 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I thought it was terrible in Skyrim. A couple of interesting missions, then a ton of generic activities until you complete X jobs in each hold. It went on far too long.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#32 LD50

LD50

Mechromancer

• Members
  • 2,053 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

anyone not playing an argonian shadowscale is doing it wrong. >.>

and i agree with akira about skyrim's thieve's guild. underwhelming.

#33 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well after Oblivions ThG quest, all other quests became underwhelming.

Grey Fox was boss!

#34 LonesomeDrifter

LonesomeDrifter

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Anyone sign-up for the beta?

#35 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Anyone sign-up for the beta?

Me, and amazing how many different play styles can be found just here on the forums.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#36 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Me, and amazing how many different play styles can be found just here on the forums.

We are a vastly assorted differential of nerds, all united under a single banner.

#37 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

We are a vastly assorted differential of nerds, all united under a single banner.

We need a nerd guild on it. >.>
nmjUGDL.jpg

#38 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

We need a nerd guild on it. >.>

A Guild of Calamitous Intent?

#39 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

A Guild of Calamitous Intent?

:lol:

I call dibs on David Bowie

#40 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

:lol:

I call dibs on David Bowie

Done.
I shall be the guy who makes the kick ass attire for the Guild.

Observe:

Posted Image

https://www.etsy.com...ous-intent-seal