Lp5M62Z.gif

#1122 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

I would just like to say, I have still yet to receive an S on any toons.

Today, I have achieved my second ever Pentakill. Not stolen and well fought for. 

On Anivia. Sporting my Blackfrost Anivia legendary skin.

*pats self on back*

#1123 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

Good job dood.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#1124 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:31 PM

Grats to TSM for winning NA split finals. Pretty solid team. I didn't get a chance to see most games live this weekend.

Grats to G2 for winning EU split finals. I did catch the first two games. Were pretty good.

Both my teams got second. Lol. Goddamnit Immortals and Splyce. I still like you guys.

#1125 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:35 AM

I was going to mention this sooner...

Grats on SKT T1 defending world champs. It was very entertaining watching the games! BOO At the SYNDRA BANS!

Tonight I finally scored my first S. I mean, fuck, I'll be dip on a chip if I really don't understand it. So many games I had most gold, most k/a with least d. But then tonight I finally got it on Nidalee. Rocking my challenger skin spamming here mousy, mousy, mousy. It was a good game. I'm now up to 2 lifetime Pentakill's and one S.

#1126 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:33 AM

Decided to play again after 6+ months of inactivity. Figured gonna be rusty, gonna play ARAM.

336ce08d5f8645958456706f1d66f203.png

I am not rusty.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#1127 m1splacedSan1ty

m1splacedSan1ty

Byte

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

I tried playing a couple years back but the fan base at the time was absolutely brutal.

#1128 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:04 AM

Definitely some of the most toxic players out there.

I just primarily play fun modes -- ARAM, Hexakill, Legend of the Poro King, Ascension are pretty fun. It's been a couple months since I played the rift.

Nerd Forum does have a clan on league. It's always weird logging in and seeing that tab on the bottom left.

I'm up to 9 lifetime S ranks, and 3 pentakills. All different champs. My latest Pentakill was with Xin Zhao.

#1129 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:01 AM

I need to start playing again.

Definitely some of the most toxic players out there.

I just primarily play fun modes -- ARAM, Hexakill, Legend of the Poro King, Ascension are pretty fun. It's been a couple months since I played the rift.

Nerd Forum does have a clan on league. It's always weird logging in and seeing that tab on the bottom left.

I'm up to 9 lifetime S ranks, and 3 pentakills. All different champs. My latest Pentakill was with Xin Zhao.

Xin is a fucking beast. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#1130 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

I played four games last night. First and second we lost, I got an A+ on Vi and an A+ on Quinn. Third game (Sona) won by a landslide, S. Fourth game I rolled Heimerdinger. Two quadras and an S rank win.

If only I could translate this skill into ranked.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#1131 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

I need to start playing again.

Xin is a fucking beast. 

No doubt. He's a late game juggernaut; hard to stop. Once he gets build you pop your W and the health return is insane. The attack speed too, to insta-lockdown a single opponent. I built The Black Cleaver first for pen and health, then Trinity Force, then Blade of the Ruined King and Sterak's Gage. I couldn't die. At least I think that's the order I built those items, it might have been T-force first.

If only I could translate this skill into ranked.

No doubt. I've gotten an S on Nidalee, Viktor, Volibear, Veigar, Rhyze, Xin Zhao, Lux, Zyra, and Nami. In ranked it would look more like a B-.

I like playing support and mages. I'm working on my Syndra build still (she gets the banhammer a lot), and still farming runes actually. I bought a few champs for IP so I fell way behind on my rune purchases. Anyways, I'm making a list of my favorite two champs in each role and researching rune/mastery builds. I have to buy more rune pages too which I don't like.

#1132 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:39 AM

I can't remember the build I'd use, but I know I started with something that had vamp and cleave so I could stay in lane for long periods. It was always entertaining, the first half of the game I was easy to push back and my opponent would always get over confident then at a certain point it's like a flip of a switch and I'm getting solo double and triples. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#1133 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

I'm up to 12 Lifetime S, and got my first S of the season on Nidalee (she was my lifetime 1st).

I started Placements today/this morning. 2/10 games done, I went in as support Karma and got A- both games.

f3N8Z0C.jpg

I think I'm going to main supports, but I'm not 100% sure. It's going to be that or main a mage like Syndra, or master both roles as an Orianna. At this point I just want to see where I'm placed and how good I actually am at Rift.

I've noticed in those two games I tend to hang out in bot way longer than I should. Or maybe the A- is telling me that I'm spending the right amount of time down there, IDK. I'd like to get more kill participation.

I do know I have no interest in playing jungle, top, or ADC.

#1134 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:45 AM

Finished my Solo/Duo placements this morning. Silver V. Feelsbadman.

I tried to ride on a Karma high and it failed me. Here's what my ten matches looked like,

1 Karma, victory, A-

2 Karma, victory, A-

3 Karma, loss, C-

4 Karma, loss, C-

5 Karma, victory, B

6 Karma, loss, C

7 Lulu, victory, A+

8 Lulu, victory, A+

9 Lulu, loss, C-

10 Lulu, loss, C

I think I could have performed better if my team didn't bitch at each other constantly. It really does take the flavor out of competitive play. I think for the most part I'll stick to my fun modes and play ranked during the crappy rotations.

#1135 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

I just finished my placements for this season....

7 wins/3 losses....

Puts me in bronzeV...

Is this real life?

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#1136 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

I'm still baffled how I landed Silver 5. I had a lot of C games.

In other news, I been killing the fun modes. OMFG Trundle is a beast. I've gotten like 3 S+ games in him. Fun modes are great for farming chests. I'm always on cooldown.

I hate that they buffed Lulu, my main. So now she gets the banhammer so GG ranked I'm done.

#1137 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

Reinstalled League to adc for a buddy of mine who mains support. Last hitting is a breeze, itemization is simple af, and "teamfights" always end up being a trickle of 2vXs until I end up at their core.

They've added so much to the game since I last played in s3; the jungle, dragon, and rosh got a rework, too bad the difference it makes is negligible when it comes down to brass tacks.

Also glad to see that people are finally open to non-traditional adcs. Thanks to qtpie playing Ziggs bottom I can finally get away with it without hearing the rest of my team cry "FF at 20"

But hey, Jhin is a fun carry to play. Always wanted a ranged character to start off with diminishing return crits. Makes being a lane bully easy af.

#1138 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:59 PM

Malz is my main support bae.. and it couldnt come at a better time.. i was tired of playing blitz and nami

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#1139 Amarena

Amarena

Bit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Wow, lots of people playing League.

I think I started playing some years ago, maybe two? Three? Mostly because of my friends, but I did stop sometimes last year, after failing three promotions in a row. I used to main support and mid, mostly went with babysitters like Janna or Lulu but I also liked the tankier let-me-carry-you supports like Braum or Leona. To be honest, I have no idea what's happening now in league. I've heard there've been a lot of changes, but I have yet to update my game and queue up for something, anything. Seeing all this talk about everything happening kind of made me wanna play. Still have placements this season.

Can't say I've missed the community, though. Had quite the number of bad experiences over the years, even in higher ranks.

StockSnap_GFCJAYD2GU_zpswnjten6e.jpg

っていの」

#1140 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

Malz is my main support bae.. and it couldnt come at a better time.. i was tired of playing blitz and nami

Blitz is so much fun when you catch people out of position. 

Wow, lots of people playing League.

I think I started playing some years ago, maybe two? Three? Mostly because of my friends, but I did stop sometimes last year, after failing three promotions in a row. I used to main support and mid, mostly went with babysitters like Janna or Lulu but I also liked the tankier let-me-carry-you supports like Braum or Leona. To be honest, I have no idea what's happening now in league. I've heard there've been a lot of changes, but I have yet to update my game and queue up for something, anything. Seeing all this talk about everything happening kind of made me wanna play. Still have placements this season.

Can't say I've missed the community, though. Had quite the number of bad experiences over the years, even in higher ranks.

I haven't played since last year, and never very seriously but you're right about the community, it's not the best around. I tend to go back and play a few games from time to time, but it just doesn't keep my interest anymore. I think I mentioned it somewhere earlier in the thread, but Xin and Blitz were who I enjoyed playing most. I got decent with Zac, Heimerdinger, and a few others though. 

nmjUGDL.jpg