• Please log in to reply
1162 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

I meant the armor pen, but it's the same concept. :x

maths because why not

So if we assume the target of your WoP has 100 armor and your ADC's auto attack does 100 dmg and they have no other armor penetration...
Equation for armor: Damage multiplier = 100 / (100 + Armor).

a normal auto would do 50 dmg, with WoP armor reduction applied it would be 56.8 dmg, a 13.6% increase.

If the target has 50 armor, a normal auto would do 66.7 dmg, with WoP it would be 79.4 dmg, a 19% increase.

Pretty significant damage boost~

Unrelated to maths: once you get higher up most AP mids will take flat magic resist glyphs on top or their built in m resist. On aggressive AP mids haunting guise has become a fairly popular early game item to snowball with. You won't see it in guides because it's situational, but guise + sorc shoes = wombo combo'd early.

#82 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

:lol: yeah, I havent gotten that far yet

Hell, I'm proud that I unlocked Flash

#83 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well, wall of pain is something I usually only rank at 5 or 7, then take no more ranks in

by that time, they usually won't have magic resist, unless I've been harassing them in-lane

also, ranking Wall of pain doesnt rank magic shred anymore, just the wall size and slow %

Sad karthus needs magic pen

You should never wait that long to get a non-R spell.

The general rule of thumb as an AP mid is to start with your main Nuke, put your second skill into sustain or survival (like WoP, or defile if you need the mana rather than the slow), 3rd into the nuke again, then 4th into the remaining spell.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#84 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

You should never wait that long to get a non-R spell.

The general rule of thumb as an AP mid is to start with your main Nuke, put your second skill into sustain or survival (like WoP, or defile if you need the mana rather than the slow), 3rd into the nuke again, then 4th into the remaining spell.

it should be noted that most of the time I'm playing League of Laning [vs AI]

#85 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Still :P Like say I'm playing brand, my skill order would usually be WQWEWR for the first 6 levels, then continue to max W, then Q, then E (and always R when its available)

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#86 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

oh ok, after rereading your previous post I understand

thanks

#87 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Watching gameplay of Smite

Looks basically like a 3rd person Moba

anyone try it yet?

#88 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

I tried playing last year. Competitive games aren't the best for me. 1, because I suck at real time games overall, and 2, because I get way too into it. I remember after being beat for the 10th time in CoD, I screamed at my friend, called him a hacker, and proceeded to march off to my room, plotting to split the game disc in half and hurt whoever created the game.

My boyfriend plays support. He likes LoL, but he's also not into competitive games, because people get too into them, Supposedly, support has to take a lot of the blame and hate even when it's not their fault. He doesn't like that part.

#89 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

I tried playing last year. Competitive games aren't the best for me. 1, because I suck at real time games overall, and 2, because I get way too into it. I remember after being beat for the 10th time in CoD, I screamed at my friend, called him a hacker, and proceeded to march off to my room, plotting to split the game disc in half and hurt whoever created the game.

My boyfriend plays support. He likes LoL, but he's also not into competitive games, because people get too into them, Supposedly, support has to take a lot of the blame and hate even when it's not their fault. He doesn't like that part.

People often try to make the game more competetive than it has to be.

I would like to see more people casually playing it for fun, than playing it vainly trying to become "Pro"

#90 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Terror thought of the day:

Lee-Singed

*cringe*

#91 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

On the topic of singed - get so irritated with the whole "hurr durr singed no skill". His skill isn't in his kit, it's in his playstyle. No other champ in the game needs to know their limits like singed, just pist because you got dunked.

#92 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

I saw singed v kayle in top lane last night, it was a massacre

I agree, you have to know your limits well as singed, and be able to take a few hits to either yourself or your cs

It's ok though, because until like 15 he scales so well off of 5Q, then you might wanna invest in AP, or def if you're harassed.

also, gotta love seeing a bad Singed fling

It's cringe-worthy

#93 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Finally found my niche today. After trying about every role, I found that I like the fancy role of ADC, preferably solo-ing top lane. Coming second is the cushy role of support, and then jungling.

So far, Vayne is my favorite ADC, she's squishy, but tumble is OP and Condemn is a versatile and lethal skill, when used right. Your main concern autoattacking and dodging skillshots/AoEs. I've yet to find a team that will peel for me, though, because I'm still in low unranked elo, lvl 13 because I don't play often enough[and because I got to like 20 on an account, then made a new one for a name change, because fuck paying for 'em]. Most of my LoL experience is watching Twitch.tv channels, mainly Wingsofdeathx because he does play-by-play and champion descriptions as he's playing. He'll tell you about his current champion, who he's laning against, their and his weaknesses, and how he has to play his matchup. It's very informative.

So, what are some recommendation for good beginner ADC champs? I have Jax, but I can't get the hang of his passive. Good at timing jump/empower/counter, but without that passive I fall behind. Plus his lane matchups are all over the place. I also have teemo, ashe, warwick[but I'm more comfortable jungling with him], and master yi, my other champs are AP carry or support.

I've found myself preferring ranged adc.

#94 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Made a new account to dodge the $10 renaming fee. Starting at level 1 again... woohoo.

At least the free champ rotation for the week is good.

Also, after me and another smurf watched a warwick go 0/14, he busted out with the hilarious

BRO

DO YOU EVEN RIFT?

good times were had. Except for the excessive feeding part.

#95 Galactus

Galactus

Megabyte

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

I play League. Although I am not very good. I usually play it in week long sessions. Then take long breaks between them. I get easily burned out by it.

Most hated champs that make my salt levels rise:
Lux
Teemo
Singed

You can add me if you want. My user name is Zombie Rezo.

#96 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Most hated champs that make my salt levels rise:
Lux

You mean, you don't like the AP who has a slow, a stun, and a massive AoE "Go fuck yourself" ult?

Yeah, I hate lux too. Veigar and most AP nukes get on my nerves, and any characters whose skill cap is

Walk up to enemy

Roll face over Q-R

Enjoy victory

And alright, I tend to play in short bursts, also. I'll be sure to add you next time I'm on. My current username is UncannyK9

#97 flcl_grim

flcl_grim

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I am unsure if I have stressed this before, but you need to play this game with friends. It is one of the only ways to not take it seriously enough to give you an aneurysm.

#98 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

If I'm not playing with friends I usually just joke around in chat the whole time. Makes it a lot more fun, plus you meet a lot of high school girls that want your attention so bad.

#99 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

If I'm not playing with friends I usually just joke around in chat the whole time. Makes it a lot more fun, plus you meet a lot of high school girls that want your attention so bad.

Same here. It's fun when they joke back, but half the time I just get "BR?"

huehuehue

#100 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

JAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA lol JAJAJAJA

My experience of chat in LoL.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”