• Please log in to reply
1162 replies to this topic

#421 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

First game as Shen, went 8/1/12 in top lane vs a Fiora and carried all game. I think I found my main, as I tend to prefer tanky champs with good damage, so I can peel with the best form of CC [death], while also being able to 1v1 early-mid game. His Ki Strike's ratio coming from bonus HP is just paradise for me; being able to rush a Giants belt for HP /and/ damage? Me gusta.

Also, my typical "OMG runes cost too much riot pls" complaint

#422 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I decided to play the game again after over a month away. Download all the patches and shit, log in, start a game...doesn't start a game. Get stuck in lobby for 15 minutes. Quit, check server status. Riot broke EUW again.

I'm cursed, fuck.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#423 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Lol, Riot fking their servers? You're surprised by this? <.<

Play on your NA account, obvs.

#424 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'll have to learn a new champ probably ._. s'pose I could though.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#425 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Lux is free right now. If you feel like doing dominion I'll play one with you. o:

#426 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

LOL is lame. Its way way below Dota, when it comes to skill and teamplay, denies and stuff like that. Dota is far superior on every lvl.

#427 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

LOL is lame. Its way way below Dota, when it comes to skill and teamplay, denies and stuff like that. Dota is far superior on every lvl.

So brave

[/sarcasm]

Why can't they just be two separate games, both enjoyable in their own aspects?

#428 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

So brave

[/sarcasm]

Why can't they just be two separate games, both enjoyable in their own aspects?

NO

OTHER PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE AND ITS HORSE SHIT

#429 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Gold IV. \o/ My hidden elo must be high, I'm always first or second pick but my teammates are always a higher league standing. (sometimes low plat, usually high gold) It's nice though, it means I win a lot of LP for wins and don't lose very much on losses. I was hesitant about being able to get to plat before but I definitely feel like its in reach now. x: I also never thought I'd consider myself a support main, but the stats screen doesn't lie.

KhQNnOD.png

We3fLfh.png

It's nice to be honest - pretty rare that anyone else ever wants to support so I don't have to worry about people yanking my role.

#430 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I kinda like support. Though I haven't used Taric or Thresh before. I tend to go for Soraka and Sona, and I guess Lux is considered support too. I want to play ranked :( Only four levels to go!

LL1Yc5i.gif

#431 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Bleh, I can't stand playing Soraka - I find her really boring. >.> Ranked is a lot of fun and forces me to be more patient with people (which I definitely, definitely need the practice with).

#432 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

I play her really aggressively, so it's more enjoyable. xD Lots of AP, lots of penetration, and lots of CDR. It really takes people by surprise when a Soraka gank appears >.> wahah.

Waiting for the Sejuani rebalance is torture ;-; there's a lot of buffing going on it seems. And they're redoing her visuals. :D

LL1Yc5i.gif

#433 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Yeh, she's getting quite the damage boost. I haven't touched her on the PBE but I really hope they made her first clear less torturous. x:

#434 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

I started using her again last night. Did pretty well, though my entire team were fucking idiots. Solo top Sion, jungle Kha'Zix, Shaco/Fiddlesticks mid, and me stuck solo bot as Sejuani. I'm just like the fuck is this

Also had a game where we had a Varus and Ezreal continually arguing over who was ADC. I spent most of my time solo top as Karthus telling them to nut up and fight ._. First time I've ever reported 2 people in one game lol

LL1Yc5i.gif

#435 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

20ti0s0.png

All my deaths were pre-6. I don't know what the fuck I was doing with the early build, but late-game that thing is fucking invincible. The amount of lifesteal going on was enough to heal me 100% with one E. Got a quadra because Jarvan decided to pop his ult and trap most of his team at the same time, wahah. Still lost. ._. fuckin' quitters.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#436 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

I installed it again. Just finished the tutorial, gonna play around a bit. Any suggestions would be helpful. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#437 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Bogus. You should try building her AP (hat liandry's void staff) with ignite/flash, she's a real terror.

#438 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I installed it again. Just finished the tutorial, gonna play around a bit. Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Check out lolpro.com for good builds.

Stick to bot games until you get a general feeling for character control and all that.

Amumu/draven/diana/graves/lux/nasus/nidalee/orianna/renekton/zilean all free right now. I would say graves/nasus probably the easiest to play out of the lot.

For now just try to focus on your creep score (how many minions you've killed) - you want to let your minions get them low and then basic attack to get the final hit so you get additional gold. A lot of people try to focus on getting kills but a kill is only worth 300 gold (assuming no killing spree or 3 death modifier) and each minion is worth ~20g. 

#439 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

I've played a few games. I find Nasus to be my favorite thus far. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#440 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Quinn is my favourite champ ever. I don't rack up streaks with her like I do with Lux, but with my build she has insane skills at clearing creeps, and attacks fast enough that she can peel away hefty chunks of anything she's facing, tank or otherwise.

Edit: 14/3 as Fiora, enemy team surrendered at 20 ._. Bunch of flunkies, it seemed. Nidalee/Jarvan vs me solo top and holy shit I got fed. Got stopped short of a penta by their Fiddle's fucking lifesteal thing ._. dick.

LL1Yc5i.gif