• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bonzailorentzon

Bonzailorentzon

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Just finished reading the six issue long "Iron man - Extremis". Fantastic comic book. Anyone else that has read it and have any comments about it? If you haven't yet, I recommend it.

Basically, the story centers around a darker Tony Stark, the alcoholic that can't look himself in the mirror without wearing a mask. It also incorporates an "updated version" of the origin story. The bad guy is a person called "Mallen", whose associates have stolen a new drug called "Extremis", from a science lab in Texas. "Extremis" is a prototype enhancement drug created to improve humans, basically changing the blueprint of the brain, recreate the body and kind of make everything 2.0.

Tried not getting any spoilers in there, go read it! I myself read it in classic comic version, but I understand there is a motion comic version of it on youtube!

#2 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

love extremis Mr.Mcduck, and for those who don't know, they're using elements from this for the new movie, so if you can't wait, i suggest reading it as well

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#3 Bonzailorentzon

Bonzailorentzon

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

love extremis Mr.Mcduck, and for those who don't know, they're using elements from this for the new movie, so if you can't wait, i suggest reading it as well

They are?! Damn, I was for hoping them to! There is a lot to be inspired by in this book, both regarding Starks personality and plotwise.

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I haven't read the comic book itself, but I've looked into it, especially after hearing that it's a major basis for the third movie, and I have to say, it seems like a great plot line.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

They are?! Damn, I was for hoping them to! There is a lot to be inspired by in this book, both regarding Starks personality and plotwise.

you got it friend! Also looks like I'm getting what I wanted, an iron man villain that is both good, and hopefully doesn't die after one film.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron man, extremis, comics