35 replies to this topic

#21 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I tried LoL for awhile and enjoyed it but I never truly understood it or got into it. It was definitely fun while I played it but no, I don't like it...

Lp5M62Z.gif

#22 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

I had a similar encounter earlier with a bad Pantheon. He was top with Udyr who was jungling and holding the lane at the same time. Nunu managed to fuck them both up, and it went south from there >.> I was bot Irelia with a first-timer Xin (who did very well I might add) and a Morgana mid who was passable. Not amazing, but not bad either. By endgame Pantheon was 6 levels below everyone else, zip kills and 15 deaths, most of them from Nunu fucking mulching him into a pulp. Panth cried bs/noob/faggot/noob and rushed mid...right into Nunu. Cue the rest of us joining in on what resulted in a 4v5 teamfight because Panth was useless and died, but us ultimately coming out the victors. I finished 15/1/19 >.>

I don't mind playing with bad players if they're willing to learn, or at least listen. I asked him to stay back once it became a mid rush, told him to hang around near the nexus and thin out some of the creeps if they started to overwhelm our remaining towers, but noooooo.

The Xin I was with was nice. We even managed to hold a conversation while defending bot lol

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#23 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I've never played it, and I never plan to.

If that counts.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#24 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

If that counts.

That's how I feel about WoW...

Lp5M62Z.gif

#25 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

If that counts.

Yeah, I'd give you about 3 games before you break something. :lol: Not your cup of tea.

The Xin I was with was nice. We even managed to hold a conversation while defending bot lol

I always like meeting people like that. Friend them, they are few and far between.

#26 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yep. I have like 10 people on my friends list >.> All of them randoms I built a rapport with.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#27 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

I have way too many people on my list. For some reason the 16 year olds think my sarcastic "R UA GIRL?//???" is charming.

#28 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yeah, I'd give you about 3 games before you break something. :lol: Not your cup of tea.

I already have enough games I play and want, don't need moar.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#29 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

I have way too many people on my list. For some reason the 16 year olds think my sarcastic "R UA GIRL?//???" is charming.

Pfahah. I find whenever I use Foxfire Ahri or Frostblade Irelia I get friend requests after the games >.> it's creepy.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#30 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Bleeeh, I thought it was kinda fun, but I was so shit I lost motivation to even keep it installed on my laptop after a while. =P

Plus it takes as long as 8 minutes to load a bloody PvP match for me.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#31 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

I tried to give it a fair chance

I really did.

it crashed 3 times on my first launch, after taking 6 hours to install (when larger games that don't use flash based installers take a matter of minutes)

finally get logged in, crash. get in a game, crash. start again, java hogs nearly 2GB of my RAM for the game. restart it, get into a match. horrid team mates.

get a second match, horrid team mates.

third match, crash on start.

fourth, finally added a friend, and played a round with her. was alright.

5th, she had to go. do another community match, pants on head retarded team mates.

check the forums out.

welp seems it wasn;t just my team mates that had single digit iq's. my word it makes the COD community look decent.

I deduced that the community was garbage, the forums where garbage, the fact it's a DESKTOP game made with Java and flash makes it junk (Seriously, you would have to be stupid to think it's good idea to make a large scale desktop game in Java. IE: Notch and minecraft.)

unless you have like, 15 to 20 of your good friends who play it, you're not going to enjoy it. Also, I heard that this game ruins friendships, and I've seen it first hand too. (Same with relaitonships.)

5A5DjRW.gif

#32 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

I've been giving LoL a second shot lately, mostly because I absolutely adore it when any game has a horde of unlockable characters. I love unlocking diverse and strange characters. Om nom nom.

So I figured I'd play some matches with bots in order to learn the ropes.

The bots seem to enjoy abandoning me whenever a pitched battle begins. It's incredibly frustrating. They retreat pretty much every time the enemy *looks* at them.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#33 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

unless you have like, 15 to 20 of your good friends who play it, you're not going to enjoy it. Also, I heard that this game ruins friendships, and I've seen it first hand too. (Same with relaitonships.)

The game will also burn your women and rape your crops.

trufax

I've been giving LoL a second shot lately, mostly because I absolutely adore it when any game has a horde of unlockable characters. I love unlocking diverse and strange characters. Om nom nom.

So I figured I'd play some matches with bots in order to learn the ropes.

The bots seem to enjoy abandoning me whenever a pitched battle begins. It's incredibly frustrating. They retreat pretty much every time the enemy *looks* at them.

You should totally add me!

Yeah, the bots are mainly for practice. Practicing new champs, builds, playstyles etc. They /kinda/ play like real players, but they get a huge gold lead as the game goes on, and they never engage fights they can't win. So for about 25 minutes you're trying to chase down and kill these bots, then suddenly their carry shows up with hypercarry items and annihilates your team.

I recommend doing vs AI until level 10 or 20, then switching to PvP if you are comfortable enough with the game. Just be warned: The lowbies are total sacks of crap, and the smurf accounts don't really talk because of it :lol:

#34 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Perhaps I shall add you. It seems like it would be worth trying this with a few friends, to see if that changes how things go.

...how does I add you?

[By the by, my summoner name is Diabolical Jazz.]
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#35 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Bottom of the client you should see 3 buttons, one of them is for friends, and in the bottom right corner of the window that pops up is an Add Friends button. You might have to resize the window to see the bottom panel, at least I do.

alternatively, you could pm me your summoner name :lol:

But personally, I love playing the game with friends, really changes the mood, makes it more about having fun.

#36 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Mostly I was wondering what your summoner name is. =P
But thanks.
Also, I just posted my summoner name. I don't think it's a problem if y'all know it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: league, of, legends, not, like, does, anyone