82 replies to this topic

#21 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Like, simple thank yous or college girl hugs and kisses, cuz that second one's not too shabby.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#22 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I prefer my college girl hugs and kisses to be shared between said college girls.

Ifyaknowaatamean.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#23 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

m1e008.jpg

How does every topic evolve into this? Catgirls, everywhere!

#24 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Oh man, I feel dumb but what exactly does "catgirls" mean?

#25 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Quite literally what it sounds like.

Think anime.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#26 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

I believe this says it all

catgirls.jpg

...in Japanese. Stay focused and write! Catgirl time is later!

#27 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Oh my. o: I would have assumed that, but I didn't see anything cat-like that he could have been referring to. Just two girls with what I assume are human ears.

I get it now, thanks. (:

#28 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Catgirls don't have to be mentioned, they're never far from my mind. Normal girls are great, but catgirls are more better greaterest.

#29 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ohh, so you're an anime fan?

Japanese girls are hot, but I definitely like the grown up ones. I dated a girl who thought she was in an anime once and it was traumatizing.

To each their own. (;

#30 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ohh, so you're an anime fan?

Japanese girls are hot, but I definitely like the grown up ones. I dated a girl who thought she was in an anime once and it was traumatizing.

To each their own. (;

They all look like they're 12. It's the busty girls like HItomi Tanaka that are really sexy, if not implausible in real life. Anime is cool, but I'm not a real otaku or anything. It's more of the character types that I like, the tropes and cliches. The ideal hero protagonist is really different from western literature, although the Byronic hero is still my favorite.

Plus, a tsundere catgirl is hawt. I-It's not like I said that for you or anything, baka!

#31 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

They all look like they're 12. It's the busty girls like HItomi Tanaka that are really sexy, if not implausible in real life. Anime is cool, but I'm not a real otaku or anything. It's more of the character types that I like, the tropes and cliches. The ideal hero protagonist is really different from western literature, although the Byronic hero is still my favorite.

Plus, a tsundere catgirl is hawt. I-It's not like I said that for you or anything, baka!

See, that's what I think as well, the 12 year-old thing. I can't be attracted to a cartoon, it's just how I am. Or an animal. I've never been into Anime just because it feels like I'm watching a kid's cartoon, and I feel creepy due to their actions and the strange things that they do. 

I recall watching an Anime with a friend. It was a planet populated by mostly girls, and a boy came along from somewhere else. Then he learned to massage ladies, and then raped children? I know there was massaging, and I'm almost certain there was child-rape. I can't get into that. I can't. And the constant squealing gave me a headache.

Is it that maybe I just haven't found a good anime, or are they all like that?

Otaku? Tsundere? Baka?

#32 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Animal, I hear you. Cats themselves don't attract me, I'm not a freak or anything. Catgirls are a certain character type, the ears and tail are comparable to Playboy bunnies in that regard. And as far as being attracted to cartoons,

The girl in the video is dating an otaku and asks his friends to explain why he'd play eroge and hentai. 2:44

starts the part that matters the most. Your ex that thought she was in an anime was probably an otaku. The term applies to people who are obsessed with Japanese culture, comparable to an anglophile or gallophile.

Tsundere is a character archetype. Tsundere women are often cold, even cruel to the people they care for.  

tsundere_moda.jpg

Baka means idiot and the line I said was stereotypical dialog for a tsundere type. I used the character type in a short story that turned into a book. I like how it can mix with a western style of writing.

Bonus: I found this on Google when I was looking for the chart above:

sexy_cat_girl_tsundere_demotivational_po

Notice that she called him idiot in the last panel? The original line would have ended with 'baka.'

#33 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I wouldn't think you were a freak anyway, I have way too many ideas myself to start judging those of others. (:

I didn't see a woman's body in that drawing he made until she pointed it out... But I get the point. Alright, that sounds about right to me.

Wow, okay, thank you for clearing that up for me. I have a feeling knowing those terms will come in handy around here. 

#34 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Probably not, most of this stuff never comes up except in certain circles. The information is useless to about 95% of the population.

#35 Sandy

Sandy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

That's strange, because in middle school and high school I couldn't walk down the hallway without hearing about it.

#36 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

You and I went to vastly different schools because I would be hard pressed to point out a person who ever said any of those words, even out of the group of nerds.

#37 CyberTetsuo

CyberTetsuo

Byte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUSA,The South

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

after being blown away by akira ive decided to start my own mental power saga type story.

since i have clinical psychosis i was thinking about blurring the lines between the real powers my protagonist has and the powers he only has delusions he has. i want to make it a techno-psychedelic type thing that ill need an artist to reneder if i want it to be manga...just a few notes sketched so far

"how do you kill that which has no life?"-South Park Make Love not Warcraft episode

#38 CyberTetsuo

CyberTetsuo

Byte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUSA,The South

double post

"how do you kill that which has no life?"-South Park Make Love not Warcraft episode

#39 CyberTetsuo

CyberTetsuo

Byte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUSA,The South

after being blown away by akira ive decided to start my own mental power saga type story.

since i have clinical psychosis i was thinking about blurring the lines between the real powers my protagonist has and the powers he only has delusions he has. i want to make it a techno-psychedelic type thing that ill need an artist to reneder if i want it to be manga...just a few notes sketched so far

#40 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Me... Sort of lol.

I used to draw Mortal Kombat comics chronicling the adventure of Sonya Blade after Liu Kang and Johnny Cage we're killed.

I did about 4 comics in the series (black and white) roughly about 10-15 pages long.

My masterpieces are stored away at my grandmothers house somewhere, they are nearly 16 years old now lol.

I've always been interested in making a proper full length graphic novel, I just don't have the time anymore with my other projects. Probably leave it til I'm 40 or something....

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???