• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

So, Mutants and Masterminds is a superhero-based tabletop RPG. Like D&D but with superheroes.
I like it because it's got incredible flexibility; you can make almost any character you can think of.
The downside is that doing so can be pretty complicated, and require a lot of number crunching. Although personally I kindof enjoy that too.

Anyone ever played it?

If I were to try to get a game together, would any of you be interested?
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#2 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sounds pretty awesome from what I'm reading. Flexibility and creativity are king in roleplay.

I'm in.

#3 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, and I feel like handing this group of nerds the keys to a really creative system like this is going to result in a hilariously diverse and fun group of superheroes. ^__^

I'm working on a rough plotline as we speak. All I'll really need aside from this is a dice roller.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#4 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Well, you got this, real simple

You also have this, which seems a little more "all-in-one", but wants you to sign in

#5 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Ideally, it would be nice to have something with a log. Otherwise I suppose I could do all the dice rolls for people, but that's just no fun. The honor system makes me nervous, although this would possibly be the group of folks to do it with.

I wonder how hard it would be to embed a dice roller into the forums? I think perhaps I'll go say something in the suggestion section. >__>

#6 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Of course I roll nothing but 20s.

I /like/ critical hits. :lol:

But yeah, I see where you're coming from. Hopefully we can get something implemented on the boards. That would be cool [and ever so nerdy]

#7 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

It can be our new method for solving disputes, too.

"What's that, you think that Marxism lacks the pragmatism to exist except as an ideal? OH YEAH!? WELL ROLL A D20 THEN!"

#8 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Aside from this, though, we should totally recruit some folks to play this with us. <___<
I've got a basic plot laid out already. Working on antagonists.

#9 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Aside from this, though, we should totally recruit some folks to play this with us. <___<
I've got a basic plot laid out already. Working on antagonists.

Don't worry, when they see us having fun, they'll want in.

They'll ALL want in.

*sinister laugh*

All in all, though, I'm pretty excited for this. If need be I'll find some random nerds to rp with us.

#10 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Awesome. I think perhaps when I finish the campaign I may just invite a couple people individually.
I really do want to see what the nerdforum peoples could do with this system. XD

#11 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Awesome. I think perhaps when I finish the campaign I may just invite a couple people individually.
I really do want to see what the nerdforum peoples could do with this system. XD

I wanna see the nerd rage when someone rolls a 1 on a trap check

#12 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

"What's that, you think that Marxism lacks the pragmatism to exist except as an ideal? OH YEAH!? WELL ROLL A D20 THEN!"

I actually lolled/lol'd/loled/laughed-out-loud.

I'd really like to RP though, haven't done so in ages xD
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#13 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

My posts are getting lost all over the place O.o

Oh God I cannot stop laughing :lol:

fl9Uov4.gif

#14 Lord_Zamboodu

Lord_Zamboodu

Megabyte

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell, California

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

This game sounds awesome!!
Posted Image

#15 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

This game sounds awesome!!

Did you look up the rulebook?

I was thinking 3rd edition. I think I played 2nd edition before, and 3rd has some really good balance tweaks in it as compared to the version I played before.

For one thing, they've made the invincible hobo impossible.
[My friends and I designed a character -just for fun- that was impossible to damage and impossible to capture. Completely. He could not be harmed or impeded in any way. The system was easy to break. But this version is much better.]

#16 Lord_Zamboodu

Lord_Zamboodu

Megabyte

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell, California

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

no I haven't looked at the rule book yet. Still working on my shadowrun game. Just sounds great though by your description...........oh the things running through my mind on this.
Posted Image

#17 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, it's just a great system. ^___^
I highly recommend that you find yourself a copy of the rulebook. Perhaps a digital copy. I'm sure you can get it for quite cheap.

~cough cough~

QUITE CHEAPLY. YES. DIGITAL COPY.

For evaluation purposes.

#18 sithstalker081199

sithstalker081199

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

So, Mutants and Masterminds is a superhero-based tabletop RPG. Like D&D but with superheroes.
I like it because it's got incredible flexibility; you can make almost any character you can think of.
The downside is that doing so can be pretty complicated, and require a lot of number crunching. Although personally I kindof enjoy that too.

Anyone ever played it?

If I were to try to get a game together, would any of you be interested?

I have a resource that has tons of role playing books, and besides DND, Mutants and masterminds was by far the best. peronally, I thought the hardest part about M&M would be the damage system. BTW, I have this pdf.

My character is named Calvary, and rides a pegasus, has armor , and a sword.

#19 sithstalker081199

sithstalker081199

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

By the way, I would love to play MNM with someone.

#20 sithstalker081199

sithstalker081199

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

and I only have 2nd edition, I couldn't find 3rd.