2 replies to this topic

#1 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

So here’s something to think about. What if the late 20th century Revolutions of Eastern Europe never happened? If the Berlin wall still stood? Or if it fell in the other direction and all of the country became red. If communism spread throughout Europe.

What if Cuba had been fully equipped to bare down on the U.S.A? If heavy weaponry had been stationed there, aimed at their enemies. If scientist from the newly turned countries had traveled there. The top minds from France, Spain, Portugal, and the eastern U.K. all traveled there, to a newly built underground laboratory, top of the line, able to be fully self-reliant. A underground labyrinth, its kind never seen before, and never seen by outside eyes.

If there had been a WW3 over the newly crimson countries in Europe. A two-year long battle in western Europe. The Organization of American States allied with the Union of Capitalist Nations (The first one’s real, second’s not) to fight the Allied Communist States. (Not real either)
And lets say that during the two years of the war, Cuba was left untouched. With all of the Nuclear power there, the OAS wouldn’t touch them. But when they refused to join the ACS, the would went ‘huh?’

Cuba sat at the said while the world bled. In the year 1991 a peace accord was signed and peace was reached. Things grew quiet, Kuwait was never invaded, the Gulf war never occurred. Nothing in Afghanistan or Bosnia. True world peace had set in.
But Cuba went quiet. Its people went underground a the beginning of the war. For five years after, the ACS called upon their ally, their scientists, their weapons and the money that had been dumped into it.
“Stay away.” The simple message delivered to every country, directly to the desk of every world leader by spies that had been living unseen for years. Then each man walked away, and to an awaiting plane to take them back to mother Cuba, their mission, complete.

And for twenty years Cuba sat in silence as the world marched on. Their people content and warm beneath the earth. The scientist, developing things unchecked.
2013, a young man and his friends are vacationing in Florida, spending their day on a large yacht one of their father’s owns. When the boat’s engine and navigation malfunctions they are left drifting, until they come up on the coast of Havana.

A monstrous beast appears and breaks the surface of the water, smashing the boat and scattering the kids. The boy washes up on the surface and turns back in time to watch as his friends are eaten.
And thus begins his adventure. Into the underground city that lies beneath the island, struggling for survival against monstrous beasts, the desperate citizens, and the apathetic scientists.
My next book and what I did with my Friday.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#2 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

You make my fridays feel inferior :P
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#3 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

That.
Was.
AWESOME!
I can't wait to hear the story! Oh wait.....
*read* the story!

fl9Uov4.gif