16 replies to this topic

#1 Rachelgrail

Rachelgrail

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

My Bf sent me this strange text, i think by accident. Does anybody know what it is or what it means? I think it might me a picture but in code?

X x x as d//7 suM1 7 - :-)/@ 1 /1 1 )+ 1 ++a11@d s.@h sexzsgz as /1/1@7z ass a AZ s /1=/ z=B0c #she'd/@ 1/ //#7(m
Mmmmmmmnmm@ (6(B0c 6(=(7=1(=(#)16(6667. @7.bb @ 1s as as@@ B) ;-)= ;-/1:-))$9 ;-) Q&A=2 7=1/1B0c 1 =1==7 1= b4 == 7 7 7/= /1 1(!#6B0c=(=1 she'dB0c 56B0 _(_#=_((B0c 76B0c =661#6!1C (,#1#1#1_6, 66(=,

#2 K_N

K_N

Megabyte

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Judging by the fact that there are a lot of the default text emoticons in there, like ;-) - I would say, I'm about 99% sure that it's his phone in his pocket randomly hitting stuff on the keyboard.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Judging by the fact that there are a lot of the default text emoticons in there, like ;-) - I would say, I'm about 99% sure that it's his phone in his pocket randomly hitting stuff on the keyboard.

I agree.

I don't think it was some type of secret code that you have to figure out.

#4 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

It's definitely not something encoded - there's whitespace in there and any encoding would cut the whitespace to save every byte.

#5 Rachelgrail

Rachelgrail

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thank you everyone who replied, you made me realise how it could have been just random keys accidentally pushed. Thank you I was just worried because it had the words ass and she'd and Mmmm in it.

#6 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Does he have auto correct or something that tries to guess the next word? It'd make sense that actual words come up in that nonsense if that's the case.

#7 Rachelgrail

Rachelgrail

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yes i would say he has auto text

#8 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

What's more intriguing is how the phone would've typed all that just by sitting in his pocket when iPhone screens are bioelectric-sensitive: this is the reason you can't use a pencil to control an iPhone, but you can use your finger, even your nose if you tried (although I DON'T recommend it).

To be brutally honest, I'm not 100% sure it was an accident...

fl9Uov4.gif

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

What's more intriguing is how the phone would've typed all that just by sitting in his pocket when iPhone screens are bioelectric-sensitive: this is the reason you can't use a pencil to control an iPhone, but you can use your finger, even your nose if you tried (although I DON'T recommend it).

If it gets turned on in your pocket, generally the small lining of your pants isn't enough to keep the skin on your leg from working on the screen.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

It wouldn't be that accurate, though, unless this person has mad butt-errr leg-dialing skills. I leave my iPhone in my pocket all the time and NOTHING ever happens. In fact I just test-drived it and opened the messages app, left it on, and practiced Gangnam Style :D
Nothing. I even attempted it again after clicking a contact and even opening up the keyboard.

fl9Uov4.gif

#11 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

If it isn't a pocket text, though, what would it be? It isn't any kind of compression or encoding issue. You also have to keep in mind she never specified that it was an iPhone.

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Your pocket lining might be too thick, try bouncing it around on a bare bit of skin. Also, I'm not sure that iPhones have sentence and next word recognition to help build texts faster, if it was an android phone that's part of what would help get the more coherent bits out. WP8 might have it as well.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yknow, I think he's right.

With some quick math, you'll find that in "7=1/1B0c", B is almost equal to .8; H is the 8th letter of the alphabet.

7 also appears numerous times. If you graph the figure "7", and rotate it 180 degrees, it becomes an L

Also, in the jumble there are 3 more left parenthesis than right parenthesis

HL3 CONFIRMED

#14 Rachelgrail

Rachelgrail

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

its not an iphone but it is a touch screen phone. Mabye i should just ask him :P

#15 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Nah, I wouldn't bother, it was almost definitely a pocket text.

I had a cheaper touch screen smart phone that would constantly call people in my pocket, as it had a cheap "hold" button that would depress with even the slightest bit of pressure.

I would constantly get calls from my friends asking "Why do you keep calling me?!"

My only answer: "Sorry, my thigh wanted to talk to you, apparently."

#16 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

With some quick math, you'll find that in "7=1/1B0c", B is almost equal to .8; H is the 8th letter of the alphabet.

7 also appears numerous times. If you graph the figure "7", and rotate it 180 degrees, it becomes an L

HL3 CONFIRMED

Wolfy: 1 Athiests: 0
count it

#17 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

HL3 CONFIRMED

I cannot stop laughing after reading that...

Nah, I wouldn't bother, it was almost definitely a pocket text.

I had a cheaper touch screen smart phone that would constantly call people in my pocket, as it had a cheap "hold" button that would depress with even the slightest bit of pressure.

I would constantly get calls from my friends asking "Why do you keep calling me?!"

My only answer: "Sorry, my thigh wanted to talk to you, apparently."

Well, if it was because you had people on instant dial, then things happen. If it WASN'T instant dial, then that is the worst phone I've ever heard of.

fl9Uov4.gif