22 replies to this topic

#1 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

The name is Matt and I'm pretty old (26) how goes it? I'm into everything from video games to profesional wrestling to theoretical physics. I enjoy crafting a good story, talking more than I should, and starting a million different projects all at once.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#2 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

You sound like an older version of me... except for the professional wrestling..

Anyway: WELCOME!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#3 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

That's alright Dasherman, takes different folks after all, and thank you. Man, you guys work fast over here, usually when I join a site it takes weeks for any human interaction.

(edited because I've been up all night watching toonami, like an adult)

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Welcome to the forums!

You'll find this place is pretty active most of the time. It doesn't take long to get a discussion going.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Wonderful to hear, I often have a weird thought pop into my head and need somewhere I can discuss it with like minded individuals, also thanks for the welcome SBG

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

This is the perfect place for that. :)
nmjUGDL.jpg

#7 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Welcome.
I have never been to a place on the internet where it took that long to get a response out of people.
It sounds maddening.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#8 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

It would seem, Affray, that I have the most amaszing amount of skill in finding the slowest and quietest places on the internet. Luckily it seems that my skill has worn off.

#9 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Welcome.
I have never been to a place on the internet where it took that long to get a response out of people.
It sounds maddening.

You've obviously never been to the [adult swim] message boards

*buhdum-tish*

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay :D

#10 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Twenty six is ancient, high school kids look at you like you’re an old man. And it feels strange if you talk to any girl younger than twenty. ‘Just a few years ago, I could have dated you.’

Welcome, Poo, and stay away from the nineteen year olds.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#11 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Come now Danico, 26 isn' THAT old, and yeah I actually have no troubles meeting 19 year olds, but I find that we tend to have nothing to talk about. Seems to be a large gap between they and we, I'll stick with people my age.

#12 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Come now Danico, 26 isn' THAT old, and yeah I actually have no troubles meeting 19 year olds, but I find that we tend to have nothing to talk about. Seems to be a large gap between they and we, I'll stick with people my age.

I have noticed that the generational gap between twenty somethings and anyone under twenty is the same gap that exists between the twenty somethings and their parents generation.
Those gaps, they are getting stronger I tells ya.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#13 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nah man, I get it. I was born back in 86. What I'm saying is that 19 year olds are too young, it just seems strange if you date them.

#14 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I would say it depends on the individual.
I have met young folk that are as mature as any adult, and full on adults that are full on retards.

#15 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

No, no, the girl might be awesome, but I feel like a borderline pedophile by talking to her with those kind of intentions. Honestly, I’ve never met a girl that age I like enough that I’d date, but I probably would if I did. Strangely, all of the girls I’ve ever went out with have always been older.

#16 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Nothing wrong with dating older women my friend, and I don't talk to them with any sort of those intentions, I tend to just be uber friendly, perhaps more than I should but what can I say? Even still though, it's difficult when there is little to converse, like Affray, there is a pretty strong gap between people above and below twenty. Luckily there are some breaches, like recent comic movies (loved all three last summer)

#17 tlh1123

tlh1123

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

No, no, the girl might be awesome, but I feel like a borderline pedophile by talking to her with those kind of intentions. Honestly, I’ve never met a girl that age I like enough that I’d date, but I probably would if I did. Strangely, all of the girls I’ve ever went out with have always been older.

I'm 18 and I have no problem dating older women, younger women on the other hand make me feel pedo :blink:.

I mean yeah I'm 18, young, "hip", or whatever but since turning that age it just feels strange dating younger people. I don't mean like 1 or 2 years younger but like 3 years or more. For example, a couple months ago when I was 17 and I was dating a girl who was 14. At the time it didn't seem weird, she was a sophmore and I was a senior, people date like that all the time. But the moment I turned 18 it just felt awakward...

Maybe its just me, but I just felt awkward and I'm actually kind of glad we broke up.
Posted Image

Misa: I can’t even imagine a world without Light
L: Yes, it would be quite dark.
(Death Note)

#18 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

I think the age gap is more noticeable when you're in your teens.

I mean, 17 vs 14. It's only three years, but I can tell you that I grew up a lot in those three years. Even at 19, I wouldn't date someone who was 16. They've still got high school graduation, university or college applications and such, which seems like so long ago to me now, even though it was only a year or two ago. You grow up a lot in your teens, and even a year's difference might mean more than that, depending on the maturity levels of those involved.

But if you look at... I don't know, 25 and 28, they're probably going to be more on the same level than the 17 and the 14 year olds. They've probably got high school and any post-secondary stuff behind them, they're probably more relatable to each other.

That's the way I've always thought of it, anyway.

#19 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

You sound like an older version of me... except for the professional wrestling..

Anyway: WELCOME!

THIS. I have a huge problem starting a bunch of projects at once (and talking too much xD) I never finish them, so kudos to you if you do.

fl9Uov4.gif

#20 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

THIS. I have a huge problem starting a bunch of projects at once (and talking too much xD) I never finish them, so kudos to you if you do.

nope, sadly sounds like me as well.