• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#161 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

Dude, it sometimes does melt into one thing for me and I have to review to remember which one is which sometimes. After a time I start identifying them a bit better but when I add more new ones it gets confusing again. It's the evil cycle for a voracious reader. Thank furry fuckballs most doujins I find are one chapter at most!

Also, I am currently reading Sword of Shannara aloud to my little sister whenever we get the chance.
“The exchange went unnoticed by the world, just one
other of many exchanges between a multitude of
strangers, acquaintances, friends, or enemies all around.”

#162 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

I started tidying up my room and felt that my bookshelf needed more books so I gathered the ones discarded and left behind by my brothers girlfriend.

I now have the complete Twilight collection, and some.

And I thought, "hmmm what's this book then? Let's see......" '50 SHADES OF GREY'

fifty-shades-300.jpg

Never heard of it so I opened it and started reading.....

FUCKING HELLL, this shit is volatile. So much 'fucking' ......... literally. Conceived by the mind of a lustful housewife. Well this took me by complete surprise. lol And here I thought it was a book about a Morgan Freeman type character thriller murder mystery.

I laughed and told my sister in law what I started reading......

Rob, you should do a review of books that our demographic would never read, but do it in your style.

How do you read more than one thing at once!? My mind just melts it all down into one, loosely knitted plot and it sours the entire experience for me. That being said in the immortal (paraphrased) words of Forrest Gump; "I am not a smart man."

I'm currently reading I, Claudius on my way to work. I've only ever read one or two political fiction books but this one is fantastic, I suppose it's to be expected from a classic work of fiction though...god damn I wish I could write that well.

Read the Golden Ass afterwards. Just...just trust me here. The guy who did I, Claudius only translated it, but it's worth a read anyway.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#163 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

I cannot read two books at once. Nope. Not even ones I know well.

Not even once.

Oh, Blood, what's yo Tumblr?

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#164 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

fyehalfmoon. Ironically, my blog name is Bloodless Chamber.

#165 thefuturebatman

thefuturebatman

Byte

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hey all,,,, I jut finsihed reading John Steakleys Armor and i am now reading A Simon Scarrow Novel while i wait for Falkenbergs legion to come in the post :D heard there great books :)

#166 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

I am finally getting to reading the brick of a book that is The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks. It's been teasing me by the bed for four months now.

My original plan was to read the first two books over the summer and read The Broken Eye when it was released the end of August before school started, but I forgot about it's release when I got really sick. Then I had to promise myself I couldn't read it until after school or I'd get sucked in and my grades would suffer. I wasn't wrong, I've read 200 pages in two days, but I find myself pausing and trying to remember the the plot points of the past books since it's been a few months.

Since I'm home I think I'm taking home The Sight by David Clement-Davies to read after. For some reason I feel a great need to reread that book.

#167 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Spoiler

Wonderful read. Written by someone who clearly understood what they're talking about and did the research.

#168 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

Jim Henson was awesome, but clearly feared doctors.  He probably would have lived if he had just had the balls to see a damn doctor.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#169 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

silbernagl_taschenatlas_physiologie_720x

It's really boring.. but also quite informative.

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#170 Perniciousroe

Perniciousroe

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

Hey guys, 

Well, I've just started a new job and decided on something light to get me back into the habit of reading.. So I'm reading the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage.

:)

#171 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys, 

Well, I've just started a new job and decided on something light to get me back into the habit of reading.. So I'm reading the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage.

:)

Those are good books! I remember reading them in high school, I should give them a reread.

#172 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

The authorized Notch biography, sold under the ThinkGeek umbrella.  Gonna start it soon.  Looks awesome.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#173 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

FINALLY got to work on Canticle for Leibowitz. Cannot wait to get cracking.

I also finished I, Claudius. When I've worked my way through the pile of books I bought but haven't read, I'll get Claudius The God.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#174 midnightblue

midnightblue

Byte

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

I'm re reading the Kushiel saga by Jacqueline Carey.  Also have The Blood of Olympus to read before I set off into Terry Pratchett, because it's about time I got beyond the first and last discworld novels.

#175 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:58 AM

As some of you may remember, a while back I posted about reading the first few Dresden File books.

Well I just finished book twelve and holy hell this series is amazing.

It has landed in my top five favourite book series and will probably stay there forever.

If wizard related science-fantasy full of awesome brawls and zesty one liners delivered by a mostly surly duster wearing magical private investigator, then I highly suggest you get your hands on these books.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#176 Perniciousroe

Perniciousroe

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

As some of you may remember, a while back I posted about reading the first few Dresden File books.

It has landed in my top five favourite book series and will probably stay there forever.

If wizard related science-fantasy full of awesome brawls and zesty one liners delivered by a mostly surly duster wearing magical private investigator, then I highly suggest you get your hands on these books.

That sounds amazing! Definitely going on the to read list!  

#177 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

So nice, you quoted it thrice! Also, Dresden.

#178 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

Rereading The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. I haven't read it in forever but it's probably still my favourite novel after SwOSh.

#179 SunMoonStars

SunMoonStars

Byte

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

Dandy in the Underworld, the auto biography of an English artist, Sebastian Horsley. The only really notable thing he's done was have himself crucified, a video of which I won't link, but it's on youtube.

#180 AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

Byte

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

I'm currently struggling to finish Wuthering Heights and The Jungle Books, by Emily Bronte and Rudyard Kipling respectively. And rereading Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck.

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see