23 replies to this topic

#1 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hello, I'm Echo, [edited for safety reasons]. Other info about me can be found on my profile.

It's great to be here, Thanks for making this site.

*insert cliché inspirational quote here*

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hello Echo and welcome to Nerd Forum. :)
I'm glad you enjoy the site and I hope you stick around and enjoy yourself.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

I'm sure i will, Thanks for the welcome. I have to say, I'm liking this theme. And the logo. Can i ask who made the logo, Whoever it is, is a good grpahic designer.

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Thank you. :)
The character in the logo was done as a deviantArt commission, I'll pass it on that you liked it. They also did a 404 page, but I have to change some things to make it show instead of the IPB one on some pages. http://nerdforum.org/404.png

Edit: Oh, also the artist. Gallery is NSFW http://fsmaverick.deviantart.com/
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hello Echo, I'm Flippy.
You'll find info on most of us in the welcome thread.
=)

Welcome to the boards. :)

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#6 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hello, Flippy. Thank for you for the welcome.

#7 Zashiki_Warashi

Zashiki_Warashi

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hi Echo:

You stated your name, age, birthday, and location. Not a safe thing at all dear! You never know who somebody truly is on the other side of the screen and I will advise you to edit your personal info out.

Anyhow, welcome to the Nerd Forum and have fun! :)

#8 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hi Echo:

You stated your name, age, birthday, and location. Not a safe thing at all dear! You never know who somebody truly is on the other side of the screen and I will advise you to edit your personal info out.

Anyhow, welcome to the Nerd Forum and have fun! :)

However i did NOT state my address, and other details, So there is nothing to worry about. Just because i'm 14 doesn't mean i'm not safe. I often show my Name age and location, Just not my address, There is nothing wrong with it. Yeah they can find me on facebook, but that doesn't worry me. I have nothing to hide.

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

There are however only 8 phone numbers matching your last name and location. You might want to reconsider stating your last name at least.
First names are fine here, but nothing beyond that.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

If this happens again, I will not continue to post here, I don't need you to worry about my safety. I worry about my own saftey, And TBH, i really don't care if somebody has my phone number.

Just because I'm 14, that does NOT give you ANY right whatsoever to edit MY post unless it has upset somebody or has broken your rules. And TBH I have just noticed your rules. A tiny link at the bottom with the rules is silly, If you want people to abide by your rules, then i suggest you make them more known.

I find this rule absolutely rediculous. Can show your full name. Really? I have been on plenty of forums that actually allow you to show your full name. I have not shown my exact location, I have not shown my phone number. All i have show is my Name and age and town i live in.

Let me make this known to you all: Yes I am 14, But I am quite strong, Stronger than my DAD in fact. So i can give someone a good hit. I someone does try to attack me, They WILL know the consequences. I will either hit them or stab them. I have stabbed people before, I have kicked the shi*t out of people before. That doesn't mean i won't do it to someone who attacks me. I will hit them so hard they will be on the floor before they even feel it. Just because i do a lot of programming and I'm a nice person, that does NOT mean i will not get angry. When I'm angry you would know about it. IN primary school i used to throw chairs at the teachers, and stab other kids with whatever i could, The only reason i would do this is because they can never stop calling me names, They take the piss because I have curly hair, As well as a million other things. I Will seriously hurt someone if necessary.

The last thing i need is more BS from anybody. I'm going through a tough time at the moment. All i need is a place away from others.

Do NOT take away MY free speech. The web is free. I undertand you have these rules. But i highly disagree with most of them.

If you decide to ban me because you think I'm a mouthy little prat. Go ahead, It's your own loss. Not mine. I will be going on to the adminzone and posting on your thread that you have the pettiest rules i have EVER seen. And i will complain that YOU are editing my post for no reason. "Edited for safety reasons" Really? Your country must be so paranoid about the slightest thing. I would HATE to live in america. Hopefully you will undertand. And we can forget about it all. But i will leave that to you. I will be coming back to check later on.

Thank you for reading all.

Excuse me for any minor language. I'm just feeling slightly angered.

Echo.

#11 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

There are however only 8 phone numbers matching your last name and location. You might want to reconsider stating your last name at least.
First names are fine here, but nothing beyond that.

Oh and BTW, my phone number is in my dads name. Becuase he bought it for me last year.

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

First of all, each phone number is attached to an address, so if they have a phone number, they have an address.
Secondly, not all threats are physical. And for the one's that are, no matter how bad you think you are, I promise you there is still going to be someone that can kick you ass. Or you know, just ring your door bell and stab you when you open it, because it has happened before, over something as silly as a counterstrike match.
Third, as the admin of this website it is my job to not only look out for the safety of it's members, but the safety of the website as well. This includes making sure personal threats can not be carried out against members.

As far as you making a post in my thread at the admin zone, go ahead and tell them that I won't allow an under aged user to post their full name and a city where their address can be found in a phonebook. Any responsible admin will agree with me.

As far as the rules go, they are displayed when you register. You agree with them along with the ToS. That aside, as the admin, I have the right to edit your post for any reason I deem necessary.

As a final note, you really need to calm down if you are throwing chairs and stabbing people. (which I don't believe anyways). If you try to act like that here, or make personal threats against users, you will be banned, consider this your only warning.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

First of all, each phone number is attached to an address, so if they have a phone number, they have an address.
Secondly, not all threats are physical. And for the one's that are, no matter how bad you think you are, I promise you there is still going to be someone that can kick you ass. Or you know, just ring your door bell and stab you when you open it, because it has happened before, over something as silly as a counterstrike match.
Third, as the admin of this website it is my job to not only look out for the safety of it's members, but the safety of the website as well. This includes making sure personal threats can not be carried out against members.

As far as you making a post in my thread at the admin zone, go ahead and tell them that I won't allow an under aged user to post their full name and a city where their address can be found in a phonebook. Any responsible admin will agree with me.

As far as the rules go, they are displayed when you register. You agree with them along with the ToS. That aside, as the admin, I have the right to edit your post for any reason I deem necessary.

As a final note, you really need to calm down if you are throwing chairs and stabbing people. (which I don't believe anyways). If you try to act like that here, or make personal threats against users, you will be banned, consider this your only warning.

I'll tell you, I Don't at all think I'm hard, and all of that, I know there is always going to be someone bigger. I have stabbed someone, A few years ago, With a pencil. Not a knife if you thought that. I really don't like ot hurt people, I will only do it for my own protection. All i meant is that I can and will hit someone if they do attack me. I have for a fact thrown chairs at people, I have for a fact smashed someones head against the desk. You coul go to my old shcool and look at the records and see for yourself.

I only did this because they were constantly bullying me and i had had enough. I'll admit it right here right now. I'm gay, Yes you heard correctly. You probably don't know how hard that is. When people ask me how many gilfriends i've had, I don't want to lie, So i say none. They they will ask why, then again, I don'y wany to lie. I say to them "Well, I'm gay, I don't want a girlfriend." Then i start getting bullied. I'm not going to start lying my way around things and live with the frustration of not telling anybody. I have been bullied a lot, and I have been suicidle. I, at times, have really hated living. And i have gone into school, and people have again bullied me, I just pop, and I've had enough. I will cause some serious damage. I have punched through windows, and i have slammed doors so hard the bricks in the wall have fallen out. I have done many things. If you choose to believe them or not i don't care. I know whhat i have done, and after the "red mist" or "pink mist" has cleared i look at what i have done and i think bloody hell, I didn't realize i can do so much damage.

I'm quite strong, yes, but that doesn't mean I actually "Like" to fight. I will do when necessary. If people really are sad enough to go and stab someone over a game of whatever. Than this world reallly does need to change. And as i said, my phone number is registered in my dad's name, not mine.

Sorry for being slightly ("slightly" Maybe an understatement) rude there, I've just got back from a long train ride. A stressful and noisy one.

I know i accepted the rules, But do you really think that most people read the ToS. I bet you that 80% of all people in the world never read the ToS when joining a forum. Other things (More important things) they probably do. I would.

#14 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ah, that's a bit different. You still need to work on your anger though, in my opinion.
As far as your sexual orientation, no one here is going to care about that.

Yes, it happened a few years back in France. There have been other cases as well, but that's the most memorable so I used it as an example of why I won't allow enough information for someone to be easily found, whatever the circumstances. Being 14, I assume you live with at least one of your parents, so it would be your mom/dad they look for anyways.

As far as the ToS, I understand most people don't read them, I'm one myself. You do however agree to it, whether you read it or not, so I find from a legal standpoint that to be the best place to put rules.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#15 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Ah, that's a bit different. You still need to work on your anger though, in my opinion.
As far as your sexual orientation, no one here is going to care about that.

Yes, it happened a few years back in France. There have been other cases as well, but that's the most memorable so I used it as an example of why I won't allow enough information for someone to be easily found, whatever the circumstances. Being 14, I assume you live with at least one of your parents, so it would be your mom/dad they look for anyways.

As far as the ToS, I understand most people don't read them, I'm one myself. You do however agree to it, whether you read it or not, so I find from a legal standpoint that to be the best place to put rules.

Thanks, I know what can happen. I have really worked on my anger, If i still had the anger issues i had when i was in primary school, I probably would have ended up killing someone. But I'm in a new smaller school (Only 20 (Round about) students). I have leared to cope more. But most of the time, I supress a lot of emotion and anger. I have recently had a bit of an emotional outburst. I'm quite a sensitive person underneath the mask i put on quite a lot. I said I'm gay because it fits in with this discussion (Argument?). Anyhow, I'm definitely not your normal lad. Let's just get that clear. I'm mostly very nice, and caring. All i want really is someone to love and someone to talk to but I don't have that, as most gay 14 year olds don't at all show it.

As you may see, I'm a lot more emotionally developed than most 14 year olds are. So it can be very hard. (Soon 15 actually).

#16 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

That's a very tiny school, I had around 30 kids in each classroom at my school, and around 1,500 in the graduating class.

I have no problem with emotions and other viewpoints, I just want you to understand that it's my job to keep you safe on here, despite what may be allowed on other sites, sadly this involves not letting you post your full location like that, which took me <a minute on google to come up with results. Even if they aren't relevant to you, who's to say they aren't for the next person that follows your example?

As long as you remain nice to other members here though, I see no reason why we can't put this behind us, and if you want I can either clean up this thread, or leave it how it is. Also, feel free to edit your first post and put your first name back in it if you'd like. (as it is a pretty cool name anyways)
nmjUGDL.jpg

#17 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

If I may, I'd like to say a few things.

I too struggled with and still to this day have troubles with being suicidal.
I had a unique upbringing that put a lot of stress on me and a lot of people made me feel less than what I was worth.
And tho I do not know what it is like to be gay, I am bi-sexual.
That comes with it's own stigma of being a slut, an attention-whore, and a liar.
I just find both men and women equally sexually arousing.
It's not for anyone else's benefit but my own.

The reason I say this is to not sympathize, I could never know the trials and tribulations that come with being so young and having to identify yourself with an attribute that will inevitably ostracize you due to the ignorance and bias of others.
The reason I say this is to let you know that it will pass.
You will one day get your chance at happiness.
It will not be an easy or quick road, but the best things in life are worth fighting and waiting for.

Just know, that you will never be made to feel less than you are here.
I have been posting on Spleen's various sites for around 5 years now and one thing has always stayed the same; his utter acceptance and tolerance of everyone.
I promise you that it was not his intention to deter you from posting.
Nor was it his intention to strip any of your rights away.
He is just trying to look out for everyone because he considers his forums more than just that, he considers them communities that people are meant to feel at home at.

I do hope you continue posting here, but if you do not wish to I understand.
I just thought you'd like to know that in at least some way, you are not alone.

By the way, I am Tes.
And it was very nice to have met you.

obazNZl.gif

#18 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

If I may, I'd like to say a few things.

I too struggled with and still to this day have troubles with being suicidal.
I had a unique upbringing that put a lot of stress on me and a lot of people made me feel less than what I was worth.
And tho I do not know what it is like to be gay, I am bi-sexual.
That comes with it's own stigma of being a slut, an attention-whore, and a liar.
I just find both men and women equally sexually arousing.
It's not for anyone else's benefit but my own.

The reason I say this is to not sympathize, I could never know the trials and tribulations that come with being so young and having to identify yourself with an attribute that will inevitably ostracize you due to the ignorance and bias of others.
The reason I say this is to let you know that it will pass.
You will one day get your chance at happiness.
It will not be an easy or quick road, but the best things in life are worth fighting and waiting for.

Just know, that you will never be made to feel less than you are here.
I have been posting on Spleen's various sites for around 5 years now and one thing has always stayed the same; his utter acceptance and tolerance of everyone.
I promise you that it was not his intention to deter you from posting.
Nor was it his intention to strip any of your rights away.
He is just trying to look out for everyone because he considers his forums more than just that, he considers them communities that people are meant to feel at home at.

I do hope you continue posting here, but if you do not wish to I understand.
I just thought you'd like to know that in at least some way, you are not alone.

By the way, I am Tes.
And it was very nice to have met you.

I will stay, And thanks a lot for that. Ans spleen, Keep it the way it is, There is nothing to hide.

#19 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Glad to hear it. :)

And no problem.

obazNZl.gif

#20 Majestic

Majestic

Megabyte

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOut of phase.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Jeez, I look back at myself just a few months ago, How much I have improved myself.