139 replies to this topic

#41 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yeah boooyyy, NJ represent! Jersey D all up in the hizzouse!

...I'm sorry. :(

It's all good man, for as much shit as NJ gets, The Jersey devil could kick the ass of any other places urban legend :D

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#42 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Wait, that makes up for a bad rep? What amazing monster lies in Chicago?

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#43 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Wait, that makes up for a bad rep? What amazing monster lies in Chicago?

my point exactly, you ain't got shit on us Chicago!...still, I wish you luck with the cubs.

#44 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

It's all good man, for as much shit as NJ gets, The Jersey devil could kick the ass of any other places urban legend :D

http://en.wikipedia....(cryptozoology)

That's right, a dinosaur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo

Posted Image

The Iroquois around the Niagara area also have legends about stone giants that are big enough to swing pine trees as war clubs.
So basically this:

Posted Image

I wouldn't put so much faith in your horned goatbat monster.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#45 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Is this becoming a monster fight topic? Awesome.

...Awesome. Also, that's a pretty cool drawing of the wendigo, although I never imagined them with so many arms.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#46 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Damn right he is, my boy (demon) could take the all at once! provided you know, any of them are real.

#47 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Is this becoming a monster fight topic? Awesome.

...Awesome. Also, that's a pretty cool drawing of the wendigo, although I never imagined them with so many arms.

Everything can be settles with a hypothetical monster fight.
Everything.

The Wendigo isn't always a monster per say.
Sometimes it is a human who has been transformed into a monster by eating human flesh, sometimes it is a human who has been possessed by a wicked spirit, who then eats human flesh, and sometimes it is just a malevolent spirit that torments people, then eats their flesh.

Damn right he is, my boy (demon) could take the all at once! provided you know, any of them are real.

I'm not so sure the Jersey Devil could one up my contenders.
Champ maybe, but only if it was a brawl on dry land.

A horned goat/bat would almost definitely get smushed by a stone giant, and torn apart by an angry spirit monster with a tendency to rip things to pieces.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#48 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Everything can be settles with a hypothetical monster fight.
Everything.

The Wendigo isn't always a monster per say.
Sometimes it is a human who has been transformed into a monster by eating human flesh, sometimes it is a human who has been possessed by a wicked spirit, who then eats human flesh, and sometimes it is just a malevolent spirit that torments people, then eats their flesh.

I'm not so sure the Jersey Devil could one up my contenders.
Champ maybe, but only if it was a brawl on dry land.

A horned goat/bat would almost definitely get smushed by a stone giant, and torn apart by an angry spirit monster with a tendency to rip things to pieces.

Ah but local reports (by crazies, I'll give you that) have reported seeing it travel via portal. Also they'll have to see the devil coming, so the spirit maybe as it's got the whole ghosty thing going on. for a source I offer tell em steve dave overkill where a local man claims to almost have hit the jersey devil with his car and then see it vanish into a portal, he himself claims to have gone through said portals. I know they talk about the JD on number 4, but I believe thats where the entire thing happens. If I'm mistaken I'll find the clip http://smodcast.com/stevedaveoverkill/

#49 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ah but local reports (by crazies, I'll give you that) have reported seeing it travel via portal. Also they'll have to see the devil coming, so the spirit maybe as it's got the whole ghosty thing going on. for a source I offer tell em steve dave overkill where a local man claims to almost have hit the jersey devil with his car and then see it vanish into a portal, he himself claims to have gone through said portals. I know they talk about the JD on number 4, but I believe thats where the entire thing happens. If I'm mistaken I'll find the clip http://smodcast.com/stevedaveoverkill/

You know what else runs off into a hole when it is spooked/confronted?
Rabbits.

So you have a gnarly looking inter-dimensional bunny, versus cannibal demon spirits and stone giants the size of buildings.
Would the Jersey Devil win a fight, not in my eyes.
Would it survive by evading said badass monsters, possibly.

#50 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

ah, but Also in the hide and snatch territory is a tarantula would you mess with it? (also can I just say, we need mroe good old fashion monster throw downs more often)

#51 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hiding and then prodding a stone giant would only annoy it at best, which would result in more impressive smashing until the JD ran out of steam and couldn't duck and cover anymore.

I will have to look in to the Wendigo's abilities more in depth, it is a spirit, so it is possible that it too has some sort of phase/shift capabilities.

Also, agreed on the monster throwdown frequency.

#52 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hiding and then prodding a stone giant would only annoy it at best, which would result in more impressive smashing until the JD ran out of steam and couldn't duck and cover anymore.

I will have to look in to the Wendigo's abilities more in depth, it is a spirit, so it is possible that it too has some sort of phase/shift capabilities.

Also, agreed on the monster throwdown frequency.

Wendigo I'll give you, but as The Jersey Devil rarely appears during the day, the fight would most likely be at night. Now give you the odds, the stone giant is far more powerful, but much slower. I have a feeling it'd get winded far sooner than your giant, also unsure of the giants ability to see in the dark. This is all speculation of course since I don't have a title for the stone giants as to research on. Still, I concede as far as the wendigo, it could possibly take the JD, but it's close. very similiar abilities.

#53 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Wendigo I'll give you, but as The Jersey Devil rarely appears during the day, the fight would most likely be at night. Now give you the odds, the stone giant is far more powerful, but much slower. I have a feeling it'd get winded far sooner than your giant, also unsure of the giants ability to see in the dark. This is all speculation of course since I don't have a title for the stone giants as to research on. Still, I concede as far as the wendigo, it could possibly take the JD, but it's close. very similiar abilities.

The Wendigo is a night prowler as well I believe.
Hangs out in the woods, especially during winter.

Stone giant would be quite slow, and possibly dull.

#54 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

The Wendigo is a night prowler as well I believe.
Hangs out in the woods, especially during winter.

Stone giant would be quite slow, and possibly dull.

Both work in my favor then, as the Devil has been described as both fast and intelligent. The cool one is gonna be the Devil VS the Wendigo. Lets make this happen, headed out to the p[ine barrens now.

#55 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'm noticing Britain has lots of mythical dogs. Barghest, Shug Monkey (I shit you not), Gytrash, Black Shuck.

We also have Tiddy Mun, a bog spirit. Lubber Fiend, a sort of hob.

Fuck your demons and shit, we have hellhounds and short people.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#56 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm noticing Britain has lots of mythical dogs. Barghest, Shug Monkey (I shit you not), Gytrash, Black Shuck.

0____0

I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#57 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

We also have Tiddy Mun, a bog spirit. Lubber Fiend, a sort of hob.

have fun watching your dogs get kicked to death.

#58 tlh1123

tlh1123

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

I've actually heard of the hellhound and I think it'd be cool as heck to have one as a pet (if you were an evil overlord or something of course). Have it hunt down your mortal enemies like prey or something. Intimidating as hell just like short people hahaha :D
Posted Image

Misa: I can’t even imagine a world without Light
L: Yes, it would be quite dark.
(Death Note)

#59 Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Byte

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOoo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm not sure but I love dragons. In particular, golden dragons, bronze dragons and pseudo-dragons because they are just awesome, but I could elaborate. Ever since I was a kid I loved phoenixes though, so there's a clash... Good topic though! :P

nigel-thornberry-beauty-beast-2.gif

"Smashing!" - Nigel Thornberry

#60 Epic?OhYes

Epic?OhYes

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationI should post more.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Dragons,Elfs, Fairies, Mermaids. Pretty sad that the last 2 are originally evil, but I prefer the nice ones that society think they are. ;~;

30c3cwj.gif

^ My future Wife

WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.