Photo

Xbox720 what do you think it will be like?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Most people get their new browsers from Explorer. I tried Opera not too long ago, it's pretty cool, but I have Firefox set up just how I like it. And Chrome just gets on my nerves.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#22 tlh1123

tlh1123

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

It's gonna get released, and here in a year its specs will start to be outdated.

Ahhh, how true this is!!

Doesn't matter, Internet Explorer is top-rated for getting other browsers.

Top rated for getting other browsers because it sucks hahahaha :P

I almost choked him to death on the spot.
I only let him live because I had yet to get his money for the job.

The temptation man... the temptation
Posted Image

Misa: I can’t even imagine a world without Light
L: Yes, it would be quite dark.
(Death Note)

#23 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Top rated for getting other browsers because it sucks hahahaha :P

Internet Explorer will linger on until our parent's generation stops using computers, probably via death.
After that it will be useless because it's entire user base will be gone.
So, we just play the waiting game.

The temptation man... the temptation

If he wasn't a paying customer I probably would have at least told him to stop being a fool and then walk him through the life altering fact that Internet Explorer is not the only browser that exists.
Hopefully the panic from such knowledge would give him a heart attack and I wouldn't even have to get my hands dirty.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#24 tlh1123

tlh1123

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Internet Explorer will linger on until our parent's generation stops using computers, probably via death.

If he wasn't a paying customer I probably would have at least told him to stop being a fool and then walk him through the life altering fact that Internet Explorer is not the only browser that exists.
Hopefully the panic from such knowledge would give him a heart attack and I wouldn't even have to get my hands dirty.

I agree! I won't miss it that's for sure.

And the heart attack thing... now that right there, master plan! :lol:
Posted Image

Misa: I can’t even imagine a world without Light
L: Yes, it would be quite dark.
(Death Note)

#25 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

You have no idea how often I've tried to get my mom off of internet explorer, fuck, she's one of the people left who still pay for aol

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#26 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

You have no idea how often I've tried to get my mom off of internet explorer, fuck, she's one of the people left who still pay for aol

Pays for AOL......my brains.

I know your pain in that regard.
I tried to get my dad to use firefox, even show him the statistics and specs that show its qualities, he refused.
When we were both using the same computer I put firefox on there so I could use it, because using internet explorer annoys me to the point of not even wanting to be on the internet anymore.
When he saw the icon in the start menu he got all huffy and told me that he didn't want it on the computer because he uses internet explorer so that is what will be on the computer, period.
Then he removed it and tried to tell me internet explorer was better because that is what he likes.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#27 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Pays for AOL......my brains.

I know your pain in that regard.
I tried to get my dad to use firefox, even show him the statistics and specs that show its qualities, he refused.
When we were both using the same computer I put firefox on there so I could use it, because using internet explorer annoys me to the point of not even wanting to be on the internet anymore.
When he saw the icon in the start menu he got all huffy and told me that he didn't want it on the computer because he uses internet explorer so that is what will be on the computer, period.
Then he removed it and tried to tell me internet explorer was better because that is what he likes.

God, it hurts my head, I also attempted to teach my mom how to torrent things (don't look at me like that) she then decided she didn't like the music she wanted anyway. Luckily my dad is a bit more tech savvy, but even he is falling behind.

#28 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Delete the I.E. shortcuts, replace with firefox/chrome tell them that it's an update.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Delete the I.E. shortcuts, replace with firefox/chrome tell them that it's an update.

I thought about that after I stumbled upon a clever walkthrough on that little trick.
I'm not sure if I want to put that much effort in to it.
We all have out own computers now anyway, so his stubbornness does not affect my computing any longer.

God, it hurts my head, I also attempted to teach my mom how to torrent things (don't look at me like that) she then decided she didn't like the music she wanted anyway. Luckily my dad is a bit more tech savvy, but even he is falling behind.

Strange that you knew the exact face I made when I read that first bit.

#30 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Strange that you knew the exact face I made when I read that first bit.

It's just public domain christmas music she wanted, figured we'd get them for free (being PD) rather pay 20 bucks for a generic target CD.

#31 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

It's just public domain christmas music she wanted, figured we'd get them for free (being PD) rather pay 20 bucks for a generic target CD.

Yeah, screw paying for things.

#32 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've had the fortune of never using Internet Explorer.

It came close, though. One time someone handed me a PC with only Internet Explorer on it! :o

Thankfully, I pulled out my Mac, downloaded Chrome.exe (and the Adblock extension), put it on a jumpdrive, installed it, and I could browse the web normally. They commented on how Chrome has no ads, and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or (not so) politely explain why they were wrong in saying that.
Anyways, they'll never use Internet Explorer again (I installed Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and even Safari).

fl9Uov4.gif

#33 Cube

Cube

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

I heard that you can't play pre-owned game on it. Just another money making scheme from Microsoft if true.