#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

What's up broz?

I got an IPAD and wanted to know if any of ya'll know of any good games for the IPAD/IPHONE???

I have Angry Birds and Final Fantasy IV atm and don't know what to play next...

I'm not going to bother buying Grand Theft Auto Vice City or III because i already have them on the PS2....

If only Final Fantasy 7 was available.....

So what do you guys think?????
THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

What you're looking for are games for iOS, not OSX (iOS is the mobile OS, OS X is for the desktop).
I used to really like the games from Trinity interactive (not 100% sure about the spelling).
Their games are mostly paid but once in a while they become free for a while.

Btw: Why the caps?D:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

iOS or OS X, I have em both so it really doesn't matter... I just want some good games 2 play :D

Well I always start my headers with caps just like my essay's ;)

Trinity Interactive you say? Hmm I'll have to check that out.

Thanks for the help bro

#4 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

My favorite game was Baseball superstars II.

RPG elements, coaching elements, and faithful baseball play.

Pretty good.

#5 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

I liked playing some of those silly app games on my iPod touch, not sure if it's anything that interests you, I mostly play simple games that I can play to waste time while waiting between classes.

Chop Sushi is really addicting and quite cute. I've gotten severely addicted to it, and after introducing it to my boyfriend, he did too. He still steals my iPod and plays it when I have to neglect him for chores. It's one of those "match three of these" games, but you're playing against AI on a board. There are "recipes" and "traps" that you can use to your advantage, or accidentally set yourself back. I think it's quite creative and really well made.

'Bag it!' was fun too, another good game that I once again got addicted to. It was basically a timed tetris where you have to stuff as many groceries in a bag as you can. The weight of the object mattered, like you couldn't put two cartons of milk on top of a carton of eggs, or a watermelon on a bag of chips, or you'd crush it and lose points.

I have a tower defense game on there now called Gundead, which is basically cowboys vs. zombies. It was a game created by a company that I had approached asking for a work term. I was playing with some of their products on the off-chance of getting a job interview. Gundead was my favourite, it's a competitive tower defense. You have to allocate funds to defend yourself, but at the same time, use funds to make your offense stronger, because the zombies were protecting themselves as well. It's easy in the beginning but it definitely gets more difficult fast.

Draw Something is basically online pictionary. That's fun. I haven't played it in a while, but there's apparently been some improvements to it.

And the last one I'll mention is the game 'osu!' It a tapping beat game that I used to play on my computer with a pen tablet. They made an iOS version, though I'm not a huge fan of it anymore. You used to be able to use all the user-made beatmaps from the original game, which gave you so much selection. However, now they have maps only made by the developers for the iOS version, and some packs costs money. The upside to this is the maps take into account that you are on a touch screen device so it makes you use both your thumbs. But there's not a whole lot of songs to play for free, though.

#6 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I wish they had Starcraft 2 or The Sims.... Better yet GTA China Town Wars and GTA 3 are only $1.29 atm... Might download it because it's so cheap!!!

#7 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

There's The Sims Freeplay. I'm addicted to that on my Android tablet right now, I'm pretty sure they made an iOS version. It's basically the same as The Sims, but everything takes real time to complete. If you can get over waiting (I usually make my sims plant onions overnight, it takes 7 hours), it's a fun game.

#8 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

for iOS, Minecraft Pocket Edition is always worth a try, and if you don't like that, try Cut the Rope, Temple Run (I hate that game myself but apparently I'm in the minority), Bejeweled (if you like puzzle games), etc. There are a great many fun games if you know where to look. Oh, I almost forgot: Asphalt 7 (good racing game for a dollar last time I checked, the only downside is that it's over a gigabyte to download -_-). There are tons more that I don't remember, I may post them later.

fl9Uov4.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, os x, ipad, the rob$tar