2 replies to this topic

#1 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

So, we have a rather outdated phone system and voicemail. I'm trying to get the voicemail stuff to work right. It has a lan port and a software that goes with it, that I know works because we connected once before on a laptop with a 32bit OS. I'm trying to do it now on a 64 bit one and it's giving me problems. First of all, the installer won't run natively in any compatability mode, so I've installed it using VirtualBox and a copy of windows xp. Everything's installed and such, but every login attempt fails. I'm assuming it's something to do with how the VM handles the internet connection and I'm getting kicked out by the firewall. Suggestions?
nmjUGDL.jpg

#2 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Since you mention VirtualBox I'm assuming you mean oracles platform.
Can you ping out of the box?

I don't know how your network is set up but I run my VMs network adapters attached via Bridged Adapter. I get assigned an IP as if it was an actual physical machine on the network. If the laptop connected on the same network before the firewall wouldn't block the VM. When you try to logon does it sit there for a while or is it an immediate no?

#3 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I can, and I have it setup as a bridge. It stalls for a bit if I put in (what I assume) is the correct IP. If I put in the wrong one it's and instant kick out, so it's trying to connect to something.
I'm hoping sometime later to go and get a serial > usb adapter so I can go through the console port and make sure everything's right in HyperTerminal, but a GUI would be really nice.
nmjUGDL.jpg