53 replies to this topic

#41 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

Ogg Vorbis!

Yeah, .ogg is fine. It's just another compressed audio format.

Hrm. Can you record without audio and then add the audio track afterward? Or split the audio and video, and then adjust the audio to fit?
I mean, that's not a permanent solution, but ~shrug~
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#42 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

The audio lag is just your computer failing to keep up - other software most likely won't remedy this.

#43 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Well that's annoying. This thing's meant to be pretty high-powered >_> I'd expect a simple game and recording software not to break down. lol.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#44 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Well that's annoying. This thing's meant to be pretty high-powered >_> I'd expect a simple game and recording software not to break down. lol.

Recording actually takes a ton of power.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#45 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

^ True dat. It's a laptop, isn't it? So that means that likely no dedicated video card and a slower processor.

#46 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yes, though when I got it it was pretty up there in terms of top of the line >.> It can apparently run some of the more resource-intensive games on high+. So yeah lol

LL1Yc5i.gif

#47 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

It's not that the laptop is weak, video recording is just intensive. :x Gotta get the raw data (picture and audio, two separate tasks), compress/encode it and then write it out to disk. Now do this 30 times a second (or whatever your target fps is) and there you have it.* Chomps up a lot of memory, CPU and I/O. Certain software have different optimizations (fraps for examples has its own recording codec, I'm assuming for licensing and performance reasons) so you can see if you have luck with other ones, but I don't think it'll do too much. I would just make sure nothing is running except what's necessary and that you're only capturing a portion of your screen or having it scale down the output (1/2 screen size or whatever).

*The process is a little more complicated than this, but it should give you a decent idea.

#48 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, I did try Fraps but it doesn't even pick up the game .exe as existing. Not sure why. I set the recording size to just under the actual game's resolution, which is something like 660x540? idk, I'll check later. I'll try re-recording with everything but the essentials shut down next time. I tend to run quite a lot of programs at the same time >_>

LL1Yc5i.gif

#49 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

http://www.rpgmakerv...?showtopic=3781

Best addons for RPGMaker battles.

Not sure if it's the latest version, though, just kinda did a quick google search.

#50 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Time for some visual updates!

Menu

Spoiler

Battle HUD (still working on automatic face changes depending on how injured party members are...) Also having a little trouble with the positioning of the portraits, as you may be able to see.

Spoiler

Features/aspects I'm currently working on:

-Alternate language (think Al Bhed from FFX. Planning to incorporate it into a mute who can only write, not speak)

-Scaling enemies/randomized battle system (Enemies level with you, like FFVIII, randomizer selects groups of enemies from a specific map pool and uses RNG to select how many of what joins the battle, think Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls)

-Character switch system (Again FFX-inspired. I'm pretty sure I know how to do it assuming I can get the menu command to do what I want it to)

-AGI-based combat (Right now the player attacks first unless ambushed, entire player party acts before enemies act, though you can cycle through party members with left/right. I want to make it based on speed instead. I'm sure a script exists for that, so I'll hunt it down at some point.)

-Alchemy (HIGHLY UNLIKELY because fuck I have no idea how to work that but it'd be awesome if I could so I'm putting it here anyway and nobody can stop me)

-Dynamic NPCs (Really not sure how to do this. I know how to pathscript and I can set up events that are activated by NPCs, but I'm not sure at all how to set it up in a manner that truly gives them life. I know I can't attach AI to them, but it'd be nice if I could give them something to do other than walking in rectangles and saying the same thing over and over)

LL1Yc5i.gif

#51 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

I really recommend the Tankentai SBS + ATB, it really fleshes out the lackluster battle system

#52 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

I may play around with that once I know how it works. For now, I'm considering fiddling with Yanfly's battle system, which appears to be similar in nature, but more friendly to newer users.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#53 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Ah, yeah it is a little strange to manage at first. But as long as you are using a custom battle system, you should be fine.

I learned the hard way that nobody likes the default battle system.

#54 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the existing system. I don't mind it, but I don't love it either. It has a real Wizardry vibe though, which I love >_>

LL1Yc5i.gif