#21 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

I will totally write you a boss battle song if you want. =P

This looks awesome though. ^__^

That would be awesome. XD Thank you. I've been trying to get something set up in Sekaiju, but it's not very beginner-friendly >.>

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#22 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I don't even know what Sekaiju is. 0____o
Is that for composition?

What kind of music are you looking for? I'm at home for Christmas, so I have extra time to work on music.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#23 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Sekaiju is a MIDI-creation program. I lack the skills to do anything in a full-blown format so I figured MIDI would be easier. Oh how wrong I was >_>

Uhh. To be honest I'm not entirely certain. Since it's boss fight music it needs to be somehow memorable, but I can't place how. XD Something energetic I guess, but not too distracting, if that makes sense.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#24 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

That makes sense. I'll see what I can do.

MIDI is freaking difficult. <___< All of my non-guitar stuff I usually program with a program called Reason.
It's a little bit time consuming, but it's reasonably user-friendly. The only tricky bit can be getting your sound card to fall in love with it.
Anyway, it has a bunch of synths and stuff, so it's good for a pretty wide variety of music.
I highly recommend it.
And I have ABSOLUTELY NO OPINION about the legality by which one might obtain such a program. I am opinionless on this issue.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#25 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm very slowly picking up how to track MIDI stuff. Running existing files through the program lets me view and edit them, so I can see exactly what goes where and what button does what. Still hard as ass though.

I'll have to check out Reason sometime soon. I've loaded my laptop with so many new programs in the last few days it's insane lol

LL1Yc5i.gif

#26 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Ohkay. It will always benefit you to know how to do new things, anyway. And midi programs can be quite powerful.

#27 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

So uh, question. I used Camtasia to record some gameplay, and the audio goes out of sync. Is that normal? XD It's fine in-game, but the video ends up almost 5 seconds off >.>

LL1Yc5i.gif

#28 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

I want to play this so bad...
Love the artwork by the way!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#29 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Eventually you will :P

The artwork is most likely subject to change. As I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm currently using free resources. Some character sprites and equipment will be made by me, but until I have the right tools I'll be using premade stuff. The character you see here, Sheherazade, is an original creation by a member of RPGMakerweb forums called Lunarea.

So yeah eventually the art will change >_>'

Additionally

VERY basic demo. Audio's fucked and I managed to inadvertently kill myself because I ignored some variables I've been telling myself to fix for the last three fuckin' days. I'm a dumbass. Wahah. You'll notice the main character in this demo is NOT the character you will initially control. :P I don't want to give too much away about the true hero.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#30 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Also, it's officially the 25th here. So.

Posted Image

LL1Yc5i.gif

#31 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

...But you hate Christmas. >_>

#32 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

V_V How can you hate Christmas?

Lp5M62Z.gif

#33 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Because personally I consider it to be a religious holiday, and since I don't subscribe to that particular religion I don't see why I should celebrate it. :P So officially I don't.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#34 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

I just like it because I get free stuff. I mean come on, who doesn't like free stuff?

Lp5M62Z.gif

#35 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Are you making this with a team?

I think this is amazing, I'm so impressed with it all.

#36 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Aside from Jazz helping with some music, so far it's entirely a solo project.

It's really fun to do, actually. And it gives me something to take my mind off real life crap lol

LL1Yc5i.gif

#37 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have absolutely no idea how the audio interacts with the program you're using, sorry.
I mean, what format is the audio in? Perhaps it is taking a moment to load?
I'm completely taking a shot in the dark here, but if the audio is in wav format instead of something more compressed, maybe it's taking longer to load and that causes it to lag whenever it changes?

Also, it's cool that you posted the demo. Now I'll know what to aim for in terms of the music. ^__^

#38 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

That's the weird thing. In-game the music syncs perfectly. It's just when recording with Camtasia it gets a lag. Initially I thought it was because for some reason it enabled recording via my microphone, so I disabled that. Yet it still put out the same problem. I think Camtasia is just shit. lol. Fraps is even worse though, it doesn't even recognize the game as existing. I'll keep hunting for something better recording-wise >_>

Also, the audio files are apparently .ogg files. I'm guessing that's some kind of abnormal version of an mp3. o_O

Edit: To clarify, it's just in the video the audio messes up. The game audio is fine while recording. Just playback gets fucked xD

LL1Yc5i.gif

#39 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

ogg is like an open source mp3 so you don't have to pay licensing fees.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#40 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

-Real-time battle system?
if you can do it? Please do. I dislike turn based, I feel real-time is better, as it keeps you on your toes and makes you think/work harder.
-Characters with passive status effects (Without going into too much detail, an example: A character who is blind constantly suffering the Blind status effect. A character who cannot speak suffering the Silence status effect)
huh, could be an interesting addition.
-Class change system
could be interesting, depending how t's used.
-Theme song with vocals (this depends on whether the engine can support it, and whether I can hire somebody to sing or do it myself)
no input from me here.
-Multiple endings depending on player choices (think Mass Effect choice-wise, but SNES-y)
I like this, but unlike mass effect, your choices shouldn't lead to one of two scripted endings, instead every action should (if possible) have an arching effect to the story. (most games don't do this well, they often, like mass effect have the same two outcomes no matter what you choices are.
-Hidden powers, spells, skills (assuming I can figure the system out)
this could be interesting. would these skills only be unlocked by certain characters, or be based on found rare tomes?
-Relationship system (I know the coding for it, but I'm not implementing it until I have a full cast ready to go)
Hmm, not sure how this'll go without further explanation.
-Title change?
Maybe, wait until the story is more fleshed out.
-Plenty of places to explore
Yes, please.
-Sidequests
Again, yes.

5A5DjRW.gif