39 replies to this topic

#21 LonesomeDrifter

LonesomeDrifter

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

QTE that require you to press the button more than humanly possible *cough,* Metal Gear Solid, *cough

#22 Dasherman

Dasherman

Megabyte

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAzeroth and Sanctuary, simultaneously by using quantum powers

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Storylines that force me to kill characters I liked.
Makes me sad and guilty :(
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(//MihiPotestasSit\\)

#23 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Arbitrary carry amounts. You mean I can only carry 15 grape gels, but I gotta throw out a sixteenth if I find it in a chest? Why can I drop one of those useless apple gels and take the good one? Or maybe drop one of those useless iron swords that I’ve stockpiled grinding mooks but never bother to sell because there’re worthless? WHO’S PACKING OUR GEAR, ADRIAN MONK?!?

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#24 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Arbitrary carry amounts. You mean I can only carry 15 grape gels, but I gotta throw out a sixteenth if I find it in a chest? Why can I drop one of those useless apple gels and take the good one? Or maybe drop one of those useless iron swords that I’ve stockpiled grinding mooks but never bother to sell because there’re worthless? WHO’S PACKING OUR GEAR, ADRIAN MONK?!?

Another good question

Why does the armor I'm wearing count towards my backpack weight?

#25 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

WHY DON'T PHOENIX DOWNS WORK ON AERITH?

I THINK CLOUD'S GROUP IS JUST TARTS

#26 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

lets be honest, insane load times. Also some online players, they talk so much trash because in most games I make a female character. (just something I do)

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#27 LD50

LD50

Mechromancer

• Members
  • 2,053 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

phoenix downs bring you back from KO, not death.

a better question is why doesn't anyone die in battle until all three party members are knocked out.

#28 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

a better question is why doesn't anyone die in battle until all three party members are knocked out.

When one person’s up they can stop the monsters from eating their friends. But when they’re all out, all bets are off. And I'd bet in Japan it was still called death, not K.O, just like it was in the old games.

#29 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Fun fact, it wasn'tSephiroth who killed Aeris(th depending from where you come from)

#30 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Why is it game over if all your party is KOed even if you have other party members travelling in your group?

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#31 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Also some online players, they talk so much trash

Years ago, Brazil started a program giving brazilian teenagers almost-free access to internet.

They promptly ruined the NA Ragnarok server, even when given their own brazilian server.

That's right, Brazil thought what the internet needed was more self-entitled teenagers with free internet access.

FUCK. YOU. BRAZIL.

I can never forgive them, and I didn't even play ragnarok.

#32 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Teeny tiny objects having geometry errors that cause you to get stuck on/hung up on/run into them. Found this happening ALL THE TIME in AC3 when I was in the woods. ESPECIALLY on that freaking horse.

#33 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Teeny tiny objects having geometry errors that cause you to get stuck on/hung up on/run into them. Found this happening ALL THE TIME in AC3 when I was in the woods. ESPECIALLY on that freaking horse.

Or if there’s a difference in terrain. It’s not a cliff, it’s a two foot drop. You won’t shatter your ankle if you jump down there and get that damn treasure chest! We got like six people in our group, someone will pull your dumbass back up.

#34 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Or if there’s a difference in terrain. It’s not a cliff, it’s a two foot drop. You won’t shatter your ankle if you jump down there and get that damn treasure chest! We got like six people in our group, someone will pull your dumbass back up.

Oh god, and Final Fantasy 7 rubbed salt in the wound with advent children.

Cloud needs ladders and stairs for any type of incline/decline.

In FF7 Advent children he can effortlessly jump up a FALLING skyscraper.

Cloud may be a badass, but apparently he's also a drama queen about heights.

#35 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Funny thing about world geometry: it's still something we're perfecting. The interplay between geometry and animations is a very fickle mistress, which causes most devs to go the "better safe than sorry" route and use multiple geometries, even if they don't need to.

Fun fact about TLOZ:OoT and MM, Adult link can technically jumpslash through anywhere in the world geometry that's an acute angle [such as the corner of a room]

Kid link can jumpslash through most corners with the right positioning.

perfect example

Those flips are done to angle link at a very specific angle, anything short will cause him to clip the fountain normally.

and the infamous Door of Time skip, which is you clipping out of the world, and then back in

#36 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Years ago, Brazil started a program giving brazilian teenagers almost-free access to internet.

They promptly ruined the NA Ragnarok server, even when given their own brazilian server.

That's right, Brazil thought what the internet needed was more self-entitled teenagers with free internet access.

FUCK. YOU. BRAZIL.

I can never forgive them, and I didn't even play ragnarok.

Oh trust me I know, I had a creator on QRO, whenever I took anyone down in pvp it was a complete shitstorm that one could not escape.

Superman 64 suffered this, amongst many other problems. Supes is my favorite hero, he deserves better than that.

#37 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Superman 64 suffered this, amongst many other problems. Supes is my favorite hero, he deserves better than that.

You might find this interesting if you like superman.

Superman 64 was originally much more than what was shipped, one of the lead developers estimated that around 60% of the game didn't make the final cut. Why you ask? Because DC had very, VERY strict rules that they imposed on the developers AFTER production of the game started. These are where all the bad decisions came up, the crappy forced flying sections, superman's powers being limited by powerups, the entire game taking place in Lex Luthors "virtual world" [they didn't wan't superman possibly coming off as violent to humans], and many, many more arbitrary fuckups were all fault of DC.

Because they devs had to scramble to make the game acceptable for DC, they ended up cutting out alot of content, and didn't have the time to perfect and playtest important things like the controls, the time limits, and basically everything that people didn't like about the game.

TL;DR: The game was terrible, but it wasn't the dev's fault.

I don't remember where I read it, but I'll try to find the article again.

#38 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

You might find this interesting if you like superman.

Superman 64 was originally much more than what was shipped, one of the lead developers estimated that around 60% of the game didn't make the final cut. Why you ask? Because DC had very, VERY strict rules that they imposed on the developers AFTER production of the game started. These are where all the bad decisions came up, the crappy forced flying sections, superman's powers being limited by powerups, the entire game taking place in Lex Luthors "virtual world" [they didn't wan't superman possibly coming off as violent to humans], and many, many more arbitrary fuckups were all fault of DC.

Because they devs had to scramble to make the game acceptable for DC, they ended up cutting out alot of content, and didn't have the time to perfect and playtest important things like the controls, the time limits, and basically everything that people didn't like about the game.

TL;DR: The game was terrible, but it wasn't the dev's fault.

I don't remember where I read it, but I'll try to find the article again.

I believe it, for everyone good move they make, DC seems to make 50 bad ones. It's enough to make a guy tear his hair out.

#39 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

That's pretty interesting. Superman 64 was the worst superhero game I had played until that Aquaman abortion a few years back. I wonder if it suffered a similar fate?

#40 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Your post proves my point Danico. Aquaman is awesome, super strong, controls all the beasts of the sea (including cthulu) and has beaten everyone from superman to batman. The way they convey this is the horrid pile they call a game, you swim then punch guys, then swim and punch guys, then repeat.