• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

So, everything I'm seeing coming out this season is overdone garbage. I cannot find a good series to save my life.

I've yet to get into Ao no Exorcist, I know it's good but I'm waiting until it gets a few seasons in. [Plus I've read the manga, which ruins it a little]

Other than that, all I'm seeing is tired ideas and sequels.

I don't wanna hop into any of the popular series, they're hundreds of episodes in and I don't have the patience for that. One Piece is still airing, for the love of god, that show came out in... 2001? All I'm saying is whatever the hell Luffy is doing, he should have done it after 11 years on air.

I refuse to watch Fairy Tail, I hear great things about it but I watch it and it's... babies first manga. Everything is wrapped up at the end of an episode, their adventures are always a success, and the pacing is shit terrible.

I guess I'm just spoiled on good anime.

Anyone seeing any good shows this season?

#2 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

So, everything I'm seeing coming out this season is overdone garbage. I cannot find a good series to save my life.

I've yet to get into Ao no Exorcist, I know it's good but I'm waiting until it gets a few seasons in. [Plus I've read the manga, which ruins it a little]

Other than that, all I'm seeing is tired ideas and sequels.

I don't wanna hop into any of the popular series, they're hundreds of episodes in and I don't have the patience for that. One Piece is still airing, for the love of god, that show came out in... 2001? All I'm saying is whatever the hell Luffy is doing, he should have done it after 11 years on air.

I refuse to watch Fairy Tail, I hear great things about it but I watch it and it's... babies first manga. Everything is wrapped up at the end of an episode, their adventures are always a success, and the pacing is shit terrible.

I guess I'm just spoiled on good anime.

Anyone seeing any good shows this season?

There's one anime series I like, it's not that resent but it's still good. It's called Hero Tales and its on Netflix if you wanna watch it.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#3 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'd say just watch older shows, it's more fun >.>

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#4 Galactus

Galactus

Megabyte

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Anime I have been watching recently:

Sword Art Onlie (Almost complete)
Sket Dance
BTOOOM!
K
Shinsekai Yori

#5 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

K looked interesting, I was going to watch it.

I don't keep up with what is airing every season anymore, most of the time I just don't find much of it very appealing.

I recently finished Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, which I didn't mind. If you liked My Little Sister Can't be This Cute, it's the same studio, and it's very similar in writing, both are pretty raunchy though.

One that came out last year that I loved was Steins;Gate. It starts off more like a comedy but gets darker pretty quickly. Around the same time, Magical Girl Madoka Magica came out, which is also a darker anime.

I was shown Dennou Coil at the anime society, and though I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, I really liked the style and story.

And lastly, I was recommended a series that came out last year called Wandering Son, about a young transgendered boy. I find the issues of gender identity interesting, and from the first episode it seems alright.

#6 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Oh, another decent anime was Mushi... It was a little confusing but it was worth watching.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#7 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

One that came out last year that I loved was Steins;Gate. It starts off more like a comedy but gets darker pretty quickly. Around the same time, Magical Girl Madoka Magica came out, which is also a darker anime.

Seconding Steins;Gate. I still have a ways to go but the characters are extremely likable in my opinion.