#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hey what's up guys?

Basically I came across a guy on trademe (nz equvilency to ebay)selling hacked POKEMON games where all the legendaries have been unlocked using a gameshark device and selling them for about $40 extra on what they would normally retail for....

He goes on to say that these games are legit and that he acquired them via special event, but the funny thing is that here in New Zealand we don't hold such events....

Link - http://www.trademe.c...&rewritten=true

I've heard that it's illegal to sell in game WoW gold online, but people still do it...

What do you guys think about the situation? Is it right? Is it a scam? Is it illegal? Should action be taken?

THE ROB$TAR
THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Pretty sure a gameshark costs less than $40. It'd be easier to do it yourself.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

People who buy it are stupid. Simple.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#4 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I don't believe it's illegal. (at least in the US) That person is merely selling a game with a save point already set.

Also also, selling WoW gold isn't illegal, just against their ToS.

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Pretty sure a gameshark costs less than $40. It'd be easier to do it yourself.

Yes you are right ($29.99) however most people don't even know what a gameshark is, let alone know how to use one lol

People who buy it are stupid. Simple.

I agree, but stupid people actually do buy it because they don't know any better :S "Stupid does what stupid do"

I don't believe it's illegal. (at least in the US) That person is merely selling a game with a save point already set.

Also also, selling WoW gold isn't illegal, just against their ToS.

Interesting. There was a story about WoW on the news back in 2008 where a dudes trademe account was suspended coz he was selling gold... Hahaha

It was a story about weird/taboo/illegal items, one dude tried to sell his amputated foot, another tried to sell his mothers cremated ashes, a girl sold her virginity and one idiot tried to sell NEW ZEALAND!!! LOL
THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#6 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

See, what he's doing is not illegal. Technically he's just selling regular games with a savepoint for a markup (ridiculously OP, considering you could buy the normal games used PLUS a gameshark for the cost of the games new) that being said, he's kind of a douche, but you just know some little kid is gonna want to buy it off him because he'll get to have the game already overpowered for him so he just has to press a to win.

now what IS illegal is selling DS/3DS playback cards with game backups on them. the cards aren't technically illegal on their own if marketed for game backups, but when you sell them in packs with like, 30 games on it, then you're pushing serious piracy crimes.

there was a guy here who was selling DS lites with those flash cars, refurbised/cleaned up used consoles, he had the flash cards loaded up with a bunch of popular games like the DS GTA, assassins creed DS titles, pokemon titles, mario titles, etc. he was selling them for like, $10 under the cost of the new consoles. yeah he ended up in a lot of trouble for it. (he advertised on craigslist/kijiji)

5A5DjRW.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feedback wanted, pokemon