22 replies to this topic

#21 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

If dragons were to exist I'd rather they evolve along lines similar to humans. (Think reptilian tribe in Chrono Trigger.) Think about it, anthropomorphic dragon-men. Dragon sitcoms would often have the females laying clutches of eggs in a taxi or elevator (which has just lost power) while the protagonist (who is terrible with lizlings) if forced to help them give birth, hilarity ensues. Kitchens would just be rooms filled with logs and tender. Father dragons would tuck their children to sleep with fantastic stories of giant beavers who spit ice and steal fair reptilian princesses and lock them in wooden towers. I'd imagine at school fieldtrips, the kids would become excited around the primate exhibit and treat the dinosaur section like we do the Neanderthals. ‘You mean they didn’t have firebreath? Feathers on their wings?!?”

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#22 Zophin1

Zophin1

Bit

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

A dragon maybe 3x the size of the average dog. Big enough to ride yet small enough to play with ya know? Also a powerful enough fire breath to destroy shit...

#23 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

If dragons were to exist I'd rather they evolve along lines similar to humans. (Think reptilian tribe in Chrono Trigger.) Think about it, anthropomorphic dragon-men. Dragon sitcoms would often have the females laying clutches of eggs in a taxi or elevator (which has just lost power) while the protagonist (who is terrible with lizlings) if forced to help them give birth, hilarity ensues. Kitchens would just be rooms filled with logs and tender. Father dragons would tuck their children to sleep with fantastic stories of giant beavers who spit ice and steal fair reptilian princesses and lock them in wooden towers. I'd imagine at school fieldtrips, the kids would become excited around the primate exhibit and treat the dinosaur section like we do the Neanderthals. ‘You mean they didn’t have firebreath? Feathers on their wings?!?”

I really like this idea. If I were a writer, I'd love to go with it and just see where the story takes me.

I think the idea of a constant companion has won over. I think if I were to absolutely choose, I would choose a tiny dragon and become best buds with them.