• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VileDemonSoul

VileDemonSoul

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hello guys, I'd need a hand of help (maybe even two) with an acer aspire 5673wlmi, I've formatted it with a recovery cd coming from another laptop (my bad, I should have read the label BEFORE inserting the cd and starting the recovery program), and now I'm stuck with a piece of junk constantly going in BSoD even before finishing windows installation due to the wrong drivers. Someone is able to help me in creating a recovery cd for it, or can just create a recovery cd hosting it in a cloudserver? Thanks :)

#2 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

I can't find aspire 5673 on the acer site - can you give me the serial number/SNID?
(http://global-downlo...lpDoc/help.aspx)

Issues ahead of time: I don't think it's legal to distribute a recovery CD like that. You could see if Acer will send you a replacement, usually a cheap fee.

Other options: Upgrade to Windows 7 (or 8 if you're feeling daring), it's worth it. If you're out of $$$ consider linux.

#3 VileDemonSoul

VileDemonSoul

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Just fully recovered it, it was a damn broken ram, it was not a problem of software, could reinstall winxp from another installation cd i had, thanks btw :) And the 5673 is part of the aspire 5670 series, so i can dowload 5670's drivers. Problem solved :D

#4 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Glad to hear you got it working again. :)