#22 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Saved and on the list.

And idk, I will post a few pictures tomorrow of the brotherhood of steel patch I made, also a brotherhood outcast one.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#23 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

And here they are.
I haven't stitched them out yet, but these are the files that they will be stitched from.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, the Brotherhood of Steel emblem just for good measure.

Posted Image

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#24 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

i'm throwing money at the screen but I don't have any patches yet

#25 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

You will once I perfect that technology.
Or hire those Japanese teleportaion scientists to do it for me.

#26 L!nk123

L!nk123

Byte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

are you selling an anarchy symbol 1 on etsy? if not can you? also you should add a triforce while youre at it :)
Posted Image

#27 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

I have an anarchy patch, I just need to get it on to etsy, which will happen sooner or later.

I have a Hylian Crest patch, but no Tri Force, yet.

#28 L!nk123

L!nk123

Byte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

k thanks
Posted Image

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

So my Etsy shop is quite booming, but I am running low on ideas for patches.

I still have some decent ones in the works, but I would like to have a larger pool to choose from.
Since we have recently gotten a handful of new folk around here I figured I would post an open invitation for everyone to post some ideas for awesome patches. So feel free to post pictures of some cool stuff and I will absorb them in to my world to see if they can be turned in to patches.

I will, of course, post pictures of them here after they are completed.

#30 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'd like to think all the links you're getting from here is helping your search engine rating and we're contributing a small part to that booming business. >.>
nmjUGDL.jpg

#31 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'd like to think all the links you're getting from here is helping your search engine rating and we're contributing a small part to that booming business. >.>

If that is the case, then I have this place to thank for making me moderately wealthy.
Many thanks would be in order.

I actually thought about making a patch of the forum's gunger mascot, but soon realized that he wouldn't work as a patch.
I still may make him into a design though and sew him on something, maybe a toque.

#32 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

I think a Nerforum.org patch would be neat, not including the mascot because I don't think he would work as a patch, either, but like "NerdForum.org" written in Fixedsys [the font] would make a pretty cool patch.

Also, some League of Legends patches would be cool, they would probably sell well [just look at the Teemo hat]. Although I don't know what design you could use, aside from the League banner.

#33 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I think a Nerforum.org patch would be neat, not including the mascot because I don't think he would work as a patch, either, but like "NerdForum.org" written in Fixedsys [the font] would make a pretty cool patch.

Also, some League of Legends patches would be cool, they would probably sell well [just look at the Teemo hat]. Although I don't know what design you could use, aside from the League banner.

I could definitely rock a nerforum.org patch pretty hard.
Though I am good at the patch crafting, I am not a master of the visual arts.
Perhaps one of you fine artists among our ranks could draw up something classy for me to start from.

That way the glory is shared and it looks better than what I can come up with on my own.

As for the League of Legends stuff goes, I could definitely do the banner.
I would just have to look in to the copyright/trademark situation and whatnot before I tried to sell anything.
Usually things that are current and popular tend to be more closely watched for copyright infringement, and I don't want to get nailed for illegally selling things that aren't mine to sell.

#34 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hmm, I'll see what I can do. We'll have to run it by Spleen, it being his site and whatnot.

Also, that makes sense, wouldn't want to start a lawsuit or anything >.>;;

#35 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

What sort of file do you need?
nmjUGDL.jpg

#36 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Any sort of graphic file usually works.
I usually use jpegs when people bring me artwork to re-create in my shop.
They are somewhat easier to work with as well when using the program that I do.

#37 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Oh, I figured you needed something vector based with specific paths. I can come up with something this weekend.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#38 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Oh, I figured you needed something vector based with specific paths. I can come up with something this weekend.

I can use vector type files, but they don't help or hinder me really.
The program I use allows me to take any vector art and more quickly transfer the shapes in to stitched pieces, but it works like garbage.
Nothing ever lines up properly or does what it is supposed to.
So though I can use that sort of file, a jpeg is just as acceptable because I just recreate the artwork using the provided image as a template anyway regardless of format.

That would be awesome though, and hopefully I can take whatever you come up with and make something cool out of it.

#39 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Any progress on that artwork Spleen?
I hate prying, but I am sort of excited to create something that brandishes the name of the place I spend much of my free time.
Plus if something productive comes from it, even better.

#40 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I actually forgot all about it. Just put a sticky note on my computer so I'll remember to come up with something.
nmjUGDL.jpg