• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

I've seen this feature on other forums. Users can set a default style for their posts--like font color, font face, font size, bold, italic, text alignment etc. etc.--akin to how most email services or software allow you to set default text-styling for your outgoing emails.

Discuss.

#2 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'd actually much appreciate this. Arial is fucking boring. >_>

#3 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

Personally I love the customization and colors and fonts and what not. But seeing as I'm too lazy ..Well.

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#4 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Personally I love the customization and colors and fonts and what not. But seeing as I'm too lazy ..Well.

I'm lazy too...This is supposed to be a good thing cause you only have to do the customizing once :P

#5 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

I believe this can be done pretty easy. The problem is that users are split over two different skins, one with a very light background and one with a very dark one. As it is, the text shows up dark on the light background and light on the dark one automatically, if you set a standard color that can't happen.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#6 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

I agree with Spleen. I'd rather read easily the things you beautiful people are saying, rather than squint and fiddle with settings. Who said this was a democracy?

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#7 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

That's what highlighting is for! :P Or would there be a way for users to turn off seeing custom text colors if they want/need? Like how we can choose to not see signatures? Or you could make it so there is only one skin...or multiple skins but they would all be light or or all be dark.

These wouldn't be a real fixes, but I dunno...With as many colors as we can choose from with our posts...There would always be at least one person who would write in a color that would be hard to read. Even if you made it so only one skin/skin type were available.

Is it that big of a deal? We can already format them however we want and could possibly chose a color that is difficult to read on a skin different than the one we use...It's just more of a hassle. Highlighting text with a mouse isn't as much of a hassle, I think.

#8 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Sooo this can be a thing? No? DAMMIT

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formatting, color, font, style, text, default, post, suggestion, feature, styling