Photo

The [Un]Official Accomplishments Thread! o/

accomplishment achievement brag pride congratulate impress official unofficial o/ \o

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

What have you accomplished today that you are proud of and want to announce/share/brag about?

If you have past accomplishments you may share them too, but I'd like this to evolve into a daily-type thread akin to the "What Are You ____ [Right Now]" threads ^^ So, what do you feel accomplished about?

~~~~~

Presently: I decided to seriously quit smoking cigarettes about a month ago and have been doing great so far! I started cold turkey and the first couple weeks were Hell, but I resisted the urge and haven't smoked at all since I started quitting! o/ I'm very proud of myself. Löwe is too :)

In the past: I graduated high school and I completed the original Pokedex X3...Not in that order.

~~~~~

P.S. For anyone who may suspect that I am a Nazi: o/ is a high-five/fist-pump/etc. I use it for "YAY!" moments. Just in case you were wondering ;P <3 you guys.

#2 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

o/ \o\o\o

SEIG HEIL MEINE SCHMETTERLING!

Ehem.

Tomorrow I post my first ever book on Amazon. Officially kick starting my career as a novelist writer. Doing this at 17 has given me a kick because I was told specifically by a teacher (one whose opinion I value very highly might I add) that it would be unlikely for me to publish anything for decades. Hah.

Oh! Also, this morning I have +1 friends. Whoo!

Last week I passed my AS Exams with A A C, I was predicted B D D and I thought I was going to get A C E/U (Es and Us are equivalents of F in the US, U meaning 'ungradable or unmarkable').

=) Happy Gol is happy.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#3 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Showing up teachers is always a great feeling. >.>

Thus far today I have no accomplishments, I'll post back if that changes.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#4 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

o/ \o\o\o

SEIG HEIL MEINE SCHMETTERLING!

Ehem.

Tomorrow I post my first ever book on Amazon. Officially kick starting my career as a novelist writer. Doing this at 17 has given me a kick because I was told specifically by a teacher (one whose opinion I value very highly might I add) that it would be unlikely for me to publish anything for decades. Hah.

Oh! Also, this morning I have +1 friends. Whoo!

Last week I passed my AS Exams with A A C, I was predicted B D D and I thought I was going to get A C E/U (Es and Us are equivalents of F in the US, U meaning 'ungradable or unmarkable').

=) Happy Gol is happy.

Lol, "butterfly" XD That's one of my favorite German words cause of how silly it sounds. That and the word for pineapple (ananas).

ANYWAY, congrats on all of that! I'll have to check out your book. I've been needing something to read :) I dunno what an AS exam is or what your score means, but if you're proud of it, you musta done good :D

And, yeah, showing up teachers or anyone who doubts your abilities is always a great feeling. I have no stories like that to tell though :(

#5 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA
things twasies has accomplished in his life!? NEIN! :'D

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#6 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Pssssh. You are now acquainted with me. That's a big one.

I also love schmetterling, it's the ugliest word ever for one of the prettiest insects in existence.

It wasn't her I was trying to show up so much as it was ironic. She's only going by experience after all. I respect her a a person, she's helped me a lot with my English. =)

Also, bollocks do you not have any accomplishments, Spleen. Light bulb terrarium. Glow in the dark mushroom thingies. Job. Flippy. Etc.

#7 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Pssssh. You are now acquainted with me. That's a big one.

"Pssssh. You are now acquainted with me. That's a big one."

hehehe... "big one" >w>

Zi9JkgO.gif

#8 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Thus far today I have no accomplishments, I'll post back if that changes.

I said you can post previous ones too :P

You created an awesome forum! That's an accomplishment!

#9 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

agreed! awesome forum is awesome! its pretty successful thus far.

Zi9JkgO.gif

#10 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

My big accomplishment for the day is that I made this new thread o/ I haven't started one in a looong time...Lol, otherwise, I really haven't done jack shit all day XP Summer ends for me on Tuesday though T_T

#11 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm getting Mom this free IHOP thing for her birthday. Nothing that special I guess, but, she's having a bad day. Headache.

P.S. For anyone who may suspect that I am a Nazi: o/ is a high-five/fist-pump/etc. I use it for "YAY!" moments. Just in case you were wondering ;P <3 you guys.

Naw you're a Nazi. :P

#12 Chrissaysay

Chrissaysay

Megabyte

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Naw you're a Nazi. :P

Only when it comes to grammar :P

#13 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

wat

Zi9JkgO.gif

#14 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Presently: Impressing the rigging team at work by working with them despite minor injuries, and doing a damn fine job if I do say so myself.

In the past: (With some help due to outrageous difficulty removing the old rotor) Replaced the rotor and brake pads for one of my wheels.
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#15 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Shameless self promition, again. Sorry.

http://www.amazon.co...45851468&sr=8-1

Wham.

#16 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Wait wait... you wrote this, Golgotha?
I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#17 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

I did. =)

Since the last time we spoke I published. Missed you, man. Where you been mah writing buddy?

#18 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

WELL HOLY CRAP I'MMA BUY THAT SHIT! =D

Heh, I've been around. Things have been crazy. I've been working on my car a bit, and dealing with situations with my friends and their various bad decisions.
I'm just starting to get back to writing now, so this is apt timing. =P

#19 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

>______0 It won't let me buy it because it's in the UK Amazon store. >_<

[Edit: Nevermind, I just had to search it in the US version of the store.]

#20 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Many many thanks. =)

Good luck with your writing too. The ideas you sent me ages ago were very novel and original!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accomplishment, achievement, brag, pride, congratulate, impress, official, unofficial, o/, \o