8 replies to this topic

#1 ทหารราบ

ทหารราบ

Megabyte

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

Who else is tired of not being able to talk to anyone because they text and message people on Facebook too often? I miss the old days when we could play Dungeons & Dragons or talk about how creative the new Atari games were. Now we have been texting people three inches away just to get their attention.

#2 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:52 PM

This thread has a pretty CRAP-y title

2pphi03.gif

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

I know many people who never tear their eyes off their screens, even when they are in a room full of people being social.

It is pretty annoying, but in the end it is their own undoing because sooner or later no one even bothers to try and talk to them.

The people who still act like people end up fine in the end, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:05 AM

Would you say then, that these people were in fact, Raging Against Their Machines?

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#5 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

More like quietly stewing about their machines.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#6 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

Remembering what they should have said in the shower later in the day.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#7 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

I'm lucky to have a group of friends who aren't too bad with that. We'll call someone out for it, too.

But yeah it definitely feels like we're more interested in what's on our screens rather than what's around us.

#8 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

I have my own policies when it comes to phones.

1) Music at work. Not texting unless on break. I'm guilty of this on rare occasion but it's super quick, 1-2 at the most and almost always to my girlfriend about something work related -- like hour changes, sick time, etc. 

2) NOT WHEN YOUR DRIVING. I have to yell at my own girlfriend time from time for this. It's not something you need on the resumé of life. "Great at texting while driving. No deaths." It's not necessary. Period.

3) Not out to eat. When we wine and dine it's a way for us to connect and catch up. For my girl and I; at home we're more often than not doing our own thing and have separate schedules. Though, we adapted the sub-rule "If we're both looking at it" -- meaning we're both looking at something relevant to our conversation. I've been yelled at a few times texting my bros. Took baby steps but I'm there.

Basically, I don't care how often people use their phones. If I have to work with you, drive with you, eat with you, I'm going to expect more. Otherwise happy texting.

I will say that some people really have issues that they should seek attention for. A buddy of mine got fired from the same job twice for cellphones while on the job. He now works as a liqour store clerk where he can happily text away when he's not helping customers.

#9 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

Most of my friends live away from me now so being able to message people at the drop of a hat is very helpful. I never use my phone in the car though, I don't even like fiddling with my satnav.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.